1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iowa activists react to Wisconsin ruling on gay marriage issue

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.radioiowa.com/2010/06/30/iowa-activists-react-to-wisconsin-ruling-on-gay-marriage-issue/

2. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Wait..is the guy from Iowa saying everytime they voted for marriage equality the people voted that it should remain between a man and a woman?

If that is so..why is there gay marriage in Iowa passed by the voters?

3. Charme

Charme Guest

Voters didn't legalize gay marriage in Iowa. The Courts did. The only state to legalize gay marriage by voting is Vermont I think.

4. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Oh.

Well then.

Yay courts?

5. Charme

Charme Guest

Lol depends on which courts :grin:

6. Eric

I've always failed to see how any straight person could be affected by same-sex marriage. We're not asking for weddings to be held in churches, we don't want to force homosexuality onto anyone (and we really can't) and we certainly don't want people like Bryan English to even be involved in any way in our lives.

#6 Eric, Jun 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  7. Nodnarb

Really now, Mr. English? That would be why, in the Republican gubernatorial primary, the candidate whose platform consisted almost soley of "I will issue an executive order ending gay marriage my first day in office" couldn't beat the candidate who, while opposing same-sex marriage, purposely avoided mentioning it during the campaign? And we've known for a long time now that there isn't high interest in it. What was it, 70%+ of people felt there were much more important issues to be dealt with right now? And a majority of Iowans support the ruling anyways.

Every Democrat that will be in the state legislature next session supports same-sex marriage, and it's highly unlikely that the Dems lose both houses, so I guess you can keep ranting all you want Mr. English. You're powerless anyways...

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All I heard from that article was "blah blah blah, we suck, blah blah." :slight_smile: