1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lindsey Graham To New York Times: I Ain't Gay

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www2.wspa.com/news/2010/jul/01/lindsey-graham-new-york-times-i-aint-gay-ar-479278/

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hun, you're name is Lindsey...no I'm totally just teasing but still....this makes me laugh....he's not attractive in any way...or least not to me.

3. Sylver

Yeah right... and I'm straight as an arrow... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Time to fess up and join the club, Lindsey.. it's really a whole lot of fun playing on this team! :slight_smile:

4. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

PFT. Lindsey Graham is totally gay. I mean I used to watched the Senate proceedings on television and he just exudes it.

5. Étoile

He's a rainbow on fire.

6. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

He has almost every gay stereotype. Doesn't make him gay/bi though (even though I think he is lol).

7. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Don't see how that's relevant, but okay.

Lolhim

8. OutToSea

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Probably was referring to the whole joke about having an affair with Ricky Martin.

9. mydogstewie

he looks gay lol, but seriously

10. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That and him saying about gay men crying that he's not free and not gay.

11. No One

way to make yourself look like a total ass.

12. Shevanel

Because you all know how easy it is to come out to everyone that you're gay, regardless of how flamboyant you may or may not be, how many stereotypes you have.

Oh and don't forget that you all have voters that you have to remember to not lose, and other alienation within the US Government. Not to mention the dude's a senator of South Carolina.

And you all are still criticizing him? How hypocritical :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

If he isn't able to come out yet (IF HE ISN'T STRAIGHT IN THE FIRST PLACE), then that's too bad for him, but I think it's really not right to condemn him for it.

What if someone condemned you for not coming out?

13. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The simple fact that he's a government official and he uses the word "ain't" makes my skin crawl.

Who cares if he's gay anyway?

14. OutToSea

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Don't you think you're awfully quick to criticize us as well? His tone when asked of his sexuality was particularly disrespectful towards gays. I think we both can agree that regardless if Lindsey is gay or not, he knew what he was getting himself into when he entered the profession. His response was unprofessional at best. It may (or may not be) worth mentioning that he voted in favor for the Defense of Marriage Act. If I'm going to criticize him for anything, it's for that. :slight_smile:

In regards to coming out, I agree with you. I don't think anyone even mentioned coming out until you did (unless you count the whole calling him a walking stereotype.)

Edit: I lied, I see one mentioning of it. :x

#14 OutToSea, Jul 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  15. Shevanel

^Awfully quick? It's more of just a recurring pattern :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But I understand what you're saying, I'm not saying what he did was right, but if you're under as much pressure as he is about something very sensitive to not only yourself (especially if he hasn't admitted it to himself yet, or is unaccepting or whatever), but its sensitive to the public, his workplace, and everything. I really can't blame him if he said something unprofessional if it has to do with his sexuality, especially if it's something he's hiding.

And of course voting for DOMA IS a good thing to be critical of a person for, so there you go. I am all for tolerance of opinions and everything, except when equality isn't being established.

#15 Shevanel, Jul 7, 2010
  16. OutToSea

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    How so?

17. Shevanel

You're new here :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

EDIT: was basing it off your post count xD Sorry! Not new :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#17 Shevanel, Jul 7, 2010
  18. OutToSea

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've actually visited the forums for quite a while, just never made an account / posted anything until recently. My point is if you have something to say you should say it. :icon_wink

19. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I agree that we must not force anyone to come out. Is his choice and his life, but, and I'm not sure about this, if this guy is going against gay rights then he better be ready for people to be angry and wanting him to come out (if he is even gay). Same goes for any gay man in the closet that makes fun of, abuses or goes against another gay person just because their sexuality.

People have the right to stay in the closet, but not while it hurts other people.