1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I guess Lisa lingle vetoed the civil union bill. Goddammit.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by AlexPatrickMorrissey, Jul 7, 2010.

1. I hate this fucking country, I really do. I knew it was going to happen, but it still burns. It's like coming home to a drunk-ass mom and having her throw empty wine bottles at your head. You know it's coming, but it still feels like shit. Why did she have to veto this friggin' bill? :bang:

EDIT: Fuck, I mean Linda Lingle. I'm so, so sorry about that. I haven't slept in a day and a half, LOL.

2. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    Not surprised.

3. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

“I have been open and consistent in my opposition to same-sex marriage, and find that House Bill 444 is essentially same sex marriage by another name.”

That's what she said.

Okay, but it's not marriage. Civil unions aren't religious, that's why they aren't call marriages, therefore you have no reason to be against them. If you're against giving people equal rights, then you are a bigot. You have no clue what you're talking about, and you are a pathetic excuse for a human being.

Stupid politicians are stupid.

4. ANightDude

Isn't she wanting to put it up to a vote, though? CNN said something along the lines of that.

5. mydogstewie

I hate this country too.

6. ANightDude

I don't hate the country, I hate the people running it.

7. mydogstewie

True. My mistake, I just hate the people running it.

8. Alex19

dont worry everyone. as the years go on and the older generations die out, we will get our rights. the younger generations are being more and more supportive of gay rights. its only a matter of time. give it 20 years and youll see a big difference

9. Just Adam

marriage itself isnt religious anyway...marriage was around long before religions its jsut a binding contract between two or more people. it was around when kings blessed unions and mayors and settlement leaders...captains on ships...etc etc...hell weas even used when farthers sold daughters to be wed...

the church just shanghaied it for their own ends that people most be unioned before their god...its all control