1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ Surveys Hit Servicemembers’ Inboxes

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.defense.gov//News/NewsArticle.aspx?ID=59934

2. nickmc

I'm always hesitant to be optimistic in civil rights cases that go to the public vote since I did a project on Prop 8 and discovered that only one initiative since 1959 that sought to extend minority rights has passed (of 74 the author could find)...

But still, it's something and I hope that the servicemen and women do vote to repeal the policy. I do hold hope that as more and more LGBT people come out, the more likely it is that these servicemen and women will know someone from our community and realise that we are just everyday people who happen to like the same sex.

3. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    This shouldn't be up to the soldiers to decide.

4. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Civil rights issues shouldn't be left to the general public. It should be in the courts.

This is because the general public is usually ignorant towards the issue unless they're affect by it.

5. Adam

It's just a survey, this probably wont affect the decision. I kinda want to see the results of this as I am planning on joining the Navy in the next few months. Hope this is repealed soon!

6. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Sure it will.

The leaders of the GOP are already making up fake surveys saying they don't want to serve with gay people. So, if this doesn't go well, they will use real surveys.

7. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    Sailors are cute.