1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Sexual Preference' Gene Turns Female Mice Off Male Advances

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.aolnews.com/surge-desk/a...-turns-female-mice-off-male-advances/19548112

2. Eric

I wasn't expecting this big a breakthrough in homo-ology until at least 2015. If this procedure is done by the wrong person (me), it could also make a lot of my straight crushes flaming homosexuals!

Obviously no human rights group would actually endorse anything like this to be used on humans. More than likely it could be used to encourage procreation among endangered animals who are commonly homosexual. At least that's my opinion.

Anyone else find it funny that the gene is one letter away from looking like "fuck me"? Or is it just me?

3. Kardan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There. It's genetic. Done. Take that world!

4. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

This is good because as it gets further down the line, it will force the governments around the world that actually care about human rights to give us equal rights.

This is bad because as it gets further down the line, more people will try and cure homosexuality.

5. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    This is not a good thing. People will try to exploit it to prevent homosexuality.

----------

Genes might have a part but other research shows that they certainly aren't solely responsible for determining orientation.

6. Emberstone

That was my first thought too.

honestly, the medical community is overwhelmingly firmly on the side of LGBT individual. they wont allow this to be misused. you can lose your licences in most countries for things deemed unethical. that is why alot of therapist lose the right to practice psychology in a therapist setting because they practice extreme, and dangerous methods against lgbt people.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only way it will cause people to try and cure homosexuality is if it's in the wrong hands....however people...you're not really reading into the article well enough. The things is guys...they haven't done anything to necessarily prove the homosexual gene. The way I read it is...they've just done something to prove the heterosexual gene and that it can be turned off. Omg....this means only one thing....we were ALL born gay and this gene is what made many straight.....wow....there it is right there :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Also...why is this for some reason making me remember the Family Guy episode where Peter took a pill that made him gay? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Charme

Charme Guest

Actually what I seem to get from it is that the FEMALE "straight" gene can be turned off. But that doesn't necessarily mean it'll go for the other girl mice. Imo, it might become asexual instead of homosexual.

9. otc877

otc877 Guest

Really?

10. Stuie

When I get a bit of time, I'm going to read the full paper as it has a link to it, but it seems like the EXCITING NEW DEVELOPMENT news article based on a not particularly ground-breaking paper after having read the abstract. This is why I hate science reporting. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You didn't read did you:

Pretty sure that means they would go for girl mice not become asexual >_>

12. Charme

Charme Guest

haha i acutally read the article and i missed that line. read fail lol. my bad.

13. paco

paco Guest

yes but mice don't actually feel attraction so much as basic instinct to procreate. humans fall in love and have sex for the pleasure. so the study could mean something, but there are huge differences that better be accounted for before i start believing it's that simple.

----------

oh and this is just completely idiotic. Peter doesn't take a pill, he gets a shot.