1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Catholic Church rallies against Argentina gay bill

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gMgwFS4iYevsCDSrvGm7kgjCejvw

2. Just Adam

religion >.> oh no no no no

----------

its like far dareis mai :frowning2:

3. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I agree. "Religion. Oh no no no."

4. Mysterons

Mysterons Guest

That's not all: they've telephoned many senators to warn them that were they to vote for same sex marriage they would go to hell (no kidding); and several religious schools have taken their pupils to the demonstrations carried out by the Church under the threat that they'd get an 'absent' on the school list if they refused.

If they're fighting so hard on this issue, I don't want to know what they'll do once the debate concerning abortion begins.

5. Emberstone

I vote the argentinian senete passes a resolution decrying the catholic church for it's crimes against children.

just knock them back into their rightfuly place... which is not sticking their noses into politics where they dont fucking belong.

6. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    I thought that the Senate already rejected the bill?

7. ANightDude

They rejected to vote on it. It's now in their version of Congress/Legislature/Whatever, pretty much, who'll be voting on it.

Anyways, I don't think the government there really cares about what the church has to say about this. It's already made it this far with the church up in arms.