1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Letter from my Senator

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by travelinsoul21, Jul 13, 2010.

1. I received an email back after sending an email through HRC

----------

Just wanted to share with you what I got

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow what an ignorant, idiotic, moronic, unintelligent, naive, brainless person. Ugh these three sentences are what pissed me off the most:

Yes because every gay male and every woman would clearly be staring at the other men. They'd more than likely be worried about their own privacy you douchebag.

Uhh then what about the more than 100,000 (not really sure how many) men and women who have been discharged for revealing they are homosexual?

It's guys like this douchebag who make me sick of the US Government.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well and... the ridiculousness that he conveniently avoids is.. THE FORCED COHABITATION IS HAPPENING EVERY DAY ALREADY.

Dumbass.

All that will happen is people will be more up front about it.

4. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

While the letter was written in a very elegant and intelligent way, this sentence makes no sense.

Could you please explain how he is idiotic, moronic, unintelligent, and brainless? I don't see how naivety and ignorance on issues can force him to be the aforementioned traits.

#4 Swamp56, Jul 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2010
  5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Simple Swamp. See the first part of your post. That's the brainlessness, moronic, unintelligent, and idiotic part. It made no sense. :slight_smile: Also see Chip's post :slight_smile:

6. I am glad he took the time to write me back. I don't agree with what he said, but I already knew I wouldnt

----------

Beyond that, I'm not sure what else there is to really do though. I mean i wouldn't vote for the guy anyway. But even the Democrats in Oklahoma are afraid to touch anything regarding LGBT rights status or protection

7. ArcusPravus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    More like 13,400 (not counting any discharged in 2010 as those numbers aren't available).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as the cohabitation, that's a real issue and does need to be answered. I disagree that it's reason enough to keep the ban or that it'll affect our force readiness, but it is a valid issue for the exact reason he states.

We have reasons for seperating male and female quaters based largely on issues of sexuality. That includes passive acts, like seeing someone naked. Determining how to seperate troops quaters to deal with just heterosexuality is simple; adding in homosexuality and bisexuality change things and an new answer needs to be found. Yes, forced habitation is occuring today. But the idiom "What you don't know can't hurt you" comes to mind. Going back to the seeing someone naked example, if you don't know any of the other guys are gay, you aren't reacting to someone actually or possibly looking at you in a sexual manner. If you know some are, then your mind set is different.

Again, I disagree that this issue is important enough to affect force readiness or should be a factor in repealing the ban, I do agree it is an issue that needs to be solved. But certaintly, it should not be reason enough to call the Senator many of the names in this thread. That only serves to put you into the same ideological nut bag you're proclaiming he's in. It is one thing to disagree with someone. It's a very different thing to start calling him brainless, moronic, idiotic, ignorant (the irony of that post), or a douchbag simply because he doesn't hold the same view as you. There are plenty of people and politicians who hold that view and fit those names, and I guarentee not one of them would have responded with a letter or even an actual reason for their viewpoint. Disagreeing with him is not a valid reason for disrespect, a lesson which our community should know quite well.

8. theJosephDean

I could summarise his entire response in one word.

Facepalm.

=/

9. ^ agreed ^