1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charges dropped against gay veteran protester

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g7Gvrw1NMvRISEsTdRBLo1Ozgg1QD9GUT9300

2. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

The people who wrote that messed up.

He didn't get honorably discharged. He got dishonorably discharged. Huge difference.

By the way, I saw his last hand-cuff to the fence on Kathy Griffin's show. Yay her!

But more importantly..

Good for the charges being dropped.

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hehe to Kathy Griffin. I love that woman.

And good that the charges were dropped....unfortunate that Obama didn't appear but not surprised really.

4. ArcusPravus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    To my knowledge, he hasn't been discharged yet. His hearing ended with a recommendation for discharge (in which there was no specification to wether it would be honorable, general, or dishonorable) but I don't recall there ever being a final decision from the National Guard Bureau. Because he challenged it, it'll probably be a general under honorable discharge and not an honorable dischage since as far as i know no one who's ever challenged it has received an honorable discharge. (You can be honorably discharged if you don't fight it.)

While the article is still wrong, like you said, it does make a difference if he winds up with a dishonorable discharge. But he hasn't yet and probably won't.