1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mormon church restates opposition to gay marriage

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gwYL36hj4oPHiIerg2yCwo2b_47AD9GTPACG1

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We have a Latter-Day Saints in my city...some days I just want to spray paint BIGOTS on their walls :slight_smile:

3. Alecs1991

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, well I suppose this is all for their religious beliefs but that being said, I don't know why people don't propose a law allowing homosexuals to receive all the legal benefits of marriage under a different title...i'm assuming this was the idea behind civil unions but aren't their things that civil unions dont qualify for that marriages do? In my opinion it is unfair if that is the case, to expect gays to be happy with limited recognized Partnerships. After all, Argentina was not founded by mormons nor is Mormonism a predominant religion in the country so I have little idea as to what kind of auhority the LDS church is assuming there.

4. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

There was a Mormon preacher downtown earlier, preaching how homosexuality is a sin.

Someone threw eggs at them, and most of the people cheered because they were egged. :slight_smile:

5. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want to throw eggs at everyone who says something I don't like! :grin: Woooot! Fuck ya! Freedom of speech!

@alecs : What kind of authority? = money... what our political system is run by. ^_^ They can afford to spend money on things such as pro-prop 8 propaganda (lots of pros).

Btw the Original post was tl;dr so if I make no sense that's why...