1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Republicans join forces with Islamic governments against America

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://turtlebay.foreignpolicy.com/...rces_with_islamic_governments_against_america

2. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Those two fulfill the stereotype of a retarded republican.

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow....I think...I've completely lost faith in American Republicans (not that I had much faith anyway)

4. RedState

Not all Republicans are that way.
    I'm am die-hard Republican, but that doesn't mean that I am a potted plant and go along with everything my party says.

5. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Fact: Gay die-hard Republicans don't exist. Why? Because die-hard Republicans are the people who go down the streets screaming "FAGS GO TO HELL!" then turn around and say every Muslim is a terrorist, all Jews like money, all black people like chicken, and so on. The only gay republicans are economically conservative gay people. All gay people are either have a liberal social stand point, or are hypocrites. And since really most "conservative" gay people are only economically conservative and socially liberal, that would make them moderate. Not republican or democrat.

:3

6. RedState

Well, Lord, if they went and locked up all the hypocrites in Washington there would be no one left to run the government.

7. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Not only did you complete misread my entire message, but you proved, yet again, that there is a reason why everyone believes Republicans are close-minded, judging, and ignorant.

How did you prove this you say? Your last sentence.

I guarantee you have no reason to think they're hypocrites other than the fact that half of them are democrats. And I also guarantee any half-ass reason you post will easily be struck down.

8. RedState

Well, I thought it was funny. Calm down there...put your claws back in.

9. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Okay, I'm sorry. *hug* <3

10. I'm registered Republican - and some of the things they stand for i stand for as well. Most things though I stand with the Dem's on. Not that either party has their head screwed on straight. I declare myself an Independent - having said all of the above

----------

Easy there, killer :slight_smile:

----------

And for reference, the one thing I stand with the Republican's on is the 2nd amendment.

11. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    How about real religious freedom? You know, not imposing one's bigoted beliefs on the international community?

Romania? Cool. Southeast Europe doesn't normally have a reputation as the most socially progressive place.

12. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

I love how the title of this article gives absolutely no clue as to what the article is about, but instead plays on the Islamiphobic sentiment that is so rampant in Europe and even America. Sheesh, we have never seen anyone use that fear tactic before :rolle: .

And furthermore, the Republic party once stood for LIMITED government. That is the kind of Republican I identify as. The Republican party has been hijacked by neo-conservatives and the "moral majority", and it is just sad. They would both increase the size and intrusion of government into our lives.

#12 Kevin42, Jul 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2010
  13. Emberstone

I have never heard of neither of those republicans... AND I WATCH CSPAN REGULARLY!!!

Seeing as conservatives are all for following islamic religious countries in enacting laws styled on islamic law in america with fundementalist christianty as its source... along with promoting the formation of anti-goverment fundementalist christian militias, should we be surprised?

14. Just Adam

im glad the brits are backing this :slight_smile:

but it really shows how pointless the UN is there's so much lgbt hate and killing going on they do nothing... now were pushing for a legitimate voice and Egypt jumps up screaming there's procedures >.>

kiss my ass Egypt, you've changed man you used to be cool.

15. kettleoffish

can we not take the fact that there are gay Republicans as a sign of progress? And it would be very naïve for anyone to say that Democrats are less corrupt or hypocritical than Republicans, or to call the US Democratic Party liberal, but that's another tangent and another rant for another day..

16. Danielle

Danielle Guest

You can be a die-hard Republican and still have liberal views concerning social issues and to think otherwise is close minded and ignorant, the type of behaviour the gay rights cause is trying to stop.

17. littledinosaurs

I have seen this kind of move before in my own student government.

I am so irritated when people who are against something use stupid bureaucracy to attempt to delay or invalid something that they don't agree with it and then claim that their only real reason for doing so is because they believe in the procedure. Procedures are meant to facilitate and make things go more smoothly.

18. Connor22

cool a civil war's brewing

19. Emberstone

really, the definition of 'Die-hard' when it applies to 'republican' makes it very clear there is no laditude for liberal views. You cant be a die-hard republican, and have liberal views anymore than you can be a die-hard democrat, and have far right conservative views.

those are just oxy-morons.

20. RedState

I disagree, to a point. One person that I am out to asked how I can be a Republican and gay at the same time. I think that's a stupid question. It's like asking how you can be gay and be a Christian. I don't take everything in the Bible as literal fact, but that doesn't mean I don't believe in God.
    I don't agree with everything in the republican platform (just as you won't find many democrats who believe everything in their party platform), but that does not mean that I am any less of a republican. I'm a small government less taxes guy. Most people simply want lower taxes and the least governmental intervention in their daily lives...that's what the repubs USED to stand for. This new crowd (over the past decade) forgot that and that's why they were booted out of office. But that's still what I believe in. Call it die-hard or what ever. If it helps clarify the issue I agree with the R's a whole lot more than I agree with the D's. Everyone has a right to their individual beliefs, those just happen to be mine.

What is lacking in today's modern political spectrum is the fact that no one listens to anyone anymore. To truly be effective in what you do as a lawmaker you have to understand not only that people think differently than you do, but you must understand why they think that way. Sadly, we have not seen that come out of Washington in ages.