1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Argentinian priest defies Church on gay marriage

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...st-defies-church-on-gay-marriage-2026761.html

2. Eric

That's pretty courageous, standing up to the church. I'm sure he'll be excommunicated though. It's nice to see there are some priests out there who actually believe in equality.

3. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

People like him are the reason why the Church goes through the changes it needs.

So good for him. :3

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

That has to take so much courage to do. He isn't only going against the church. He is going against a country, his family and friends. Good for him.

5. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I wouldn't say he's going against his country..maybe the religion of the country..but not the actual country.

6. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I meant it more as in A LOT of crazy people will be hating you. Not the government itself.

7. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

A lot of crazy people, yes. But Argentina isn't filled with crazy people. Most people will either support his cause or not care.

8. Just Adam

i remember a time where you went against the church you were found dead.

good for him alot of people will be angry at him but good for him :slight_smile:

9. Emberstone

I love how the church has no biblical based right to ecommunicate people from the church, or for the vast majority of catholic docterine, which encompasses for the most part the church making up rules as they go along... mostly designed to persecute people.

10. British Lad

British Lad Guest

about time a priest had the balls to stand up to that rediculest christion church

11. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

He is standing up to the Catholic church. There is no church for Christianity in its entirety.

12. Davy

Scotland (That's the bit with hills & rain)
    Although I am not a religious person.

It is brave, and if religions want people to understand them then they need people like him. Someone that understands modern society and not from the depths of history.

13. Alex19

hes clearly an intelligent guy if he supports equality. id hope that people learn from his example

14. Connor22

well whaddya know an honest to god christian

you know a proper going against the grain to help people, all round hell-raizer