1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tony Abbott

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Pseudojim, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi all. This is a message aimed mostly at Australians, but also anyone else with an interest.

For those who aren't aware, next month there is a federal election in australia. Tony Abbott is one of the two candidates with any chance of winning the election and leading the country. I think it's important that every Australian is aware of his views on homosexuality

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/03/09/2840558.htm

As well as his views on women.

http://aww.ninemsn.com.au/news/inthemag/1004317/abbotts-women

The man is a homophobic misogynist throwback to a more oppressive and backward era. If he wins this election i am - and this is not a joke - strongly considering leaving this country.

2. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

He's a douchebag. He won't win. I know I am American but I have a lot of Australian friends, so I shall send them those links. :slight_smile:

3. Just Adam

ive heard of him... Australia politics has a stigma of being a bit old fashioned shall we say..but i don't think Australian lgbt people need fear this fool getting elected.

4. Porphyrogenitus

Australia is fairly conservative, but not usually in such a rabid or fanatical manner (as we've come to expect from certain branches of the US Republican Party, for instance).

I'm voting Green :slight_smile:

5. dude99

dude99 Guest

Well Tony Abbot I dont trust. I dont really trust Liberal, and I afraid I dont much trust Labor either. Julia Gillard said she does not support gay marriage. Anyway Julia Gillard played an major role in the Rudd Government and I have not been so happy with Labor performance. Yet of course glad Rudd is out and that was an smart move. Anyway I wont vote for those parties.

Amondorensata I may like you vote Green.

#5 dude99, Jul 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2010
  6. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm also voting green. Looks like they may have a shot at a house of reps seat this year (seat of Melbourne)

7. Danielle

Danielle Guest

Gillard locked the election up with the greens preference deal thus we should have to worry about Abbott.