1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Openly Gay [Kentucky]Candidate Rejects Funds,

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www2.wnct.com/news/2010/jul/19/openly-gay-candidate-rejects-funds-ar-305124/

2. Just Adam

the guy sounds arrogant to me.

you dont need to have a 'gay agenda' to take funding from a lgbt group that supports lgbt candidates, sure it doesn't define you nobody says it does but you cant deny the fact and try hiding it :S...

why do people think just because lgbt groups fund gay candidates theres an agenda...the only agenda is supporting fellow lgbt people..

its jsut not a big deal ..say thanks for the support take teh money .. thats it :S...

as an lgbt person hell as a human person going into politics you should be doing it to represent all people and should believe in equality...the only agenda lgbt people can be said to have is to be equal.

i dont think id vote for the guy....not because he aint taking the money but because of the way his logic works, it says alot about the guy, :frowning2:

3. RedState

Eh, I don't know. A lot of candidates for local offices (state house seats and such) are refusing to take money from any special interest group now-a-days...it is seemingly the populist thing to do.

I'm not sure if this guy has accepted any other PAC money or not...if he has, and refuses a donation from a gay group and he's openly gay..well...that seems odd to me.

4. Mysterons

Mysterons Guest

I don't have a clue who this guy is, but I don't see why he should accept a funding, however well-meant that might be (usually, it isn't). Politicians earn more than enough; accepting money only creates dependence.

5. Eric

Politicians don't earn anything unless they get elected. Campaigning costs a fortune (Unless you're Alvin Greene) so if he loses, he might actually need money. I don't really know about his financial situation but given his age, I'd say it's probably not going to be his last campaign so I wouldn't burn any bridges if I were him. Victory Fund and other groups might not offer any money next time around if he needs it.

Also, as far as having a gay agenda goes, most gay politicians don't really push a 'gay agenda'. Scott Brison is an example here in Canada. He was actually a PC (basically republican) before crossing the floor to the liberals and even though he's openly gay, he's a politician first and foremost (which isn't always a bad thing). =P

6. Just Adam

thats my point...

the ' GAY AGENDA ' hell if gay politicians start saying they wont accept support from lgbt organisations because of an agenda a) its bad public image for us b) it fuels the haters. :frowning2:

for a gay politician he seems clueless on lgbt organisations...all we want is equality which being a politician representing everyone he should want anyway, and being gay in office is in itself all that is asked for to help show further equality. hes made it public knowledge hes gay so he cant deny that now..

it just don't seem right to me...i want to see a list of money he has taken as donations...

i hope he isnt gay but hates being gay and other gay people :frowning2:

7. RedState

Adam:
    Since all donations must be publicly disclosed, it should not be that difficult to pull up an itemized list of contributors to this guy. If Kentucky is like most states, all you would have to do is go to the Kentucky State Ethics committee website and go from there. All those who run for office and are in office must file campaign disclosure reports quarterly.