1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Target's Financial Backing of Anti-Gay Politician

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://sfist.com/2010/07/23/targets_anti-gay_support.php

2. Emberstone

at least they are being honest about the fact that they give money to politicians they feel will have their coorporate interest in heart.

still, they should have chosen a more worthey canidate.

3. Alex19

ok, i work for target and im really disappointed to hear about this. i mean, i worked for kmart and that was shitty, but at least they didnt do this. wow target, i never thought ud let me down but u did.

4. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I doubt there is any direct relation between the homophobia and Target.

5. Shevanel

6. Blondie

Blondie Guest

to bad we cant call for a nation wide boycott of Target:badgrin:

7. kettlkorn

To be honest, the only reason politicians get involved in this bs is shock-and-awe politics. In america, the best ideas don't make it to the top, the most outlandish ones do...

8. NickT

Eh, this just seems like a guilt-by-association thing to me. =/

9. Johnnieguy

It doesn't matter all that much.. Emmer has already lost a LOT of face with the people of Minnesota.

He is anti-gay. He thinks waitstaff should be paid $2.13/hour (since they make $100,000with tips factored in...idiot) He thinks Sarah Palin is "an excellent leader" and that Arizona's immigration law "is a great first step". Emmer is far too conservative for the people of Minnesota, and I hope to GOD that he keeps shoving his foot in his mouth so he won't get elected.

I am disappointed with Target for sure. This is the kind of thing I would expect from Wal-Mart.

10. Emberstone

All we have to do is let the palin's, Emmer's, Bachman's, (Rand) Paul's, Lowden's, and Angle's continue acting like this, and they will allow the founding father's progressive ideas to continue of freedom, liberty, and equality that the conservative powers during the american revolution saw as dangerous and evil.

Voters will either go to the democrats, or more hopefully, they will go independent, thereby calling on the republicans to stop this fundementalist chirstian destruction of their party, and hatred of the founding fathers, most of which are now ignored by republicans, or have false histories created for so they can pretend the founding fathers agreed with their hate filled pesudo facist policies that are already destroying america.