1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Few troops respond to Pentagon's DADT survey

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.stripes.com/blogs/stripe...ps-respond-to-pentagon-s-dadt-survey-1.112564

2. Just Adam

whoever did this survey are idiots...

1) you don't need over 100 questions just 1 saying do you agree with dadt and why

2) when do they think these troops will have time to do a 100+ questionnaire... seeing as a) they cant stand the political paperwork shit

b) when not on active duty are either trying to rest or doing maintenance training etc...

its such an unrealistic thing to ask people on the front line to do >.>

its like im getting shot at my best friend out here just died but hey great news cos back at the barrack ive got a questionnaire to fill out that will keep my mind busy >.>

3. Heyitsme

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My dad's in the navy, I wonder if he got one of these..

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I bet the reason they haven't been returned, is because NO ONE CARES ANYMORE in the military...i bet many of the troops gay or straight are like "just revoke it, WE DON'T CARE"

5. Just Adam

sadly i dont think thats the case overall as there are those that would like nothing better than to chase us away with pitch forks while their sisters raise their love child...you know the type of people i mean :s ...the kind raised to join the army with shaved heads crooked jaw missing teeth and crossed eyes.

6. Nitro

Don't Ask Don't Tell legislation pertains only to US armed forces. Among NATO countries only the US and Turkey do not allow members to serve openly.

As for the surveys … they might highlight some interesting concerns of service members but when so few are returned (maybe because it has more than 100 questions on it?) it would be hard to justify any statistical inference.

7. Owen91

Owen91 Guest

The whole survey feels like someone was trying to further get rid of the DADT mentality but didn't really know the right way to go about it. Really? 100 questions?

8. Just Adam

i know right lol.. how can you draw out should gay people be able to openly serve...into 100+ questions :S

its impossible..what the hell must be in this thing. plus i would be wary very wary of anything that asked you your sexuality :frowning2:

9. Emberstone

I hope that every soldier who does not return a survey is counted as someone who is for the repeal. if they didnt return the survey, clearly, they have no problem with gays in the military, otherwise they would have filled it out to let that known.

10. the ry guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    1. no one in the military really cares anymore
    2. there is no "anonymity" they email you the information on how to log into a separate site to do the survey to your military email address and so they already know who you are. anonymous my ass
    3. if your on a military installation overseas and you use the internet on post the military can monitor any and all web information you access

#10 the ry guy, Jul 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  11. 8bit

My brother is in the marine core,
    when he's not working, he's playing video games,
    he gets anal about having to memorize a page of things.
    i don't think he would want to fill any survey out..