1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We are here for Change, we are here for the hate to end

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Nomad187, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Nomad187

I saw this and found that these things are terrible yet in alot of cases true. Things need to change

I am the boy who never finished high school, because I got called a fag every day.
    I am the girl kicked out of her home because I confided in my mother that I am a lesbian.
    I am the guy that lives on the streets because I am scared to go home.
    I am the prostitute working the streets because I can't find anybody who will hire a transsexua...l woman.
    I am the sister who holds her gay brother tight through the painful, tear-filled nights.
    We are the parents who buried our daughter long before her time.
    I am the man who died alone in the hospital because they would not let my partner of twenty-seven years into the room.
    I am the foster child who wakes up with nightmares of being taken away from the two fathers who are the only loving family I have ever had. I wish they could adopt me.
    I am the Christian that can’t find a pastor to marry me to a woman in the eyes of God.
    I am one of the lucky ones, I guess. I survived the attack that left me in a coma for three weeks, and in another year I will probably be able to walk again.
    I am not one of the lucky ones. I killed myself just weeks before graduating high school. It was simply too much to bear.
    I am the child that dreams of seeing my mum again. The courts won’t let me because she lives with another woman.
    I am the man who fears that I will never be able to be myself, to be free of this secret because I won’t risk loosing my family and friends.
    We are the couple who had the realtor hang up on us when she found out we wanted to rent a one-bedroom for two men.
    I am the person who never knows which bathroom I should use if I want to avoid getting the management called on me.
    I am the mother who is not allowed to even visit the children I bore, nursed, and raised. The court says I am an unfit mother because I now live with another woman.
    I am the domestic-violence survivor who found the support system grow suddenly cold and distant when they found out my abusive partner is also a woman.
    I am the brother that gets called a fag just because my brother isn’t ashamed of who he is.
    I am the father who has never hugged his son because I grew up afraid to show affection to other men.
    I am the girl that was raped behind my school because some stranger wanted to teach me to be a “real woman”.
    I am the home-economics teacher who always wanted to teach gym until someone told me that only lesbians do that.
    I am the guy down the street that can’t get a disability pension because my partner is a man.I am the woman who died when the paramedics stopped treating me because they found out I didn't have a female body.
    I am the man that is afraid of losing his job, for expressing his true identity.
    I am the mother that sees my son come home from school every day in tears because the other kids call him a girl.
    I am the celebrity that wishes I could tell the would who I am, but I'm too scared.
    I am the domestic-violence survivor who has no support system to turn to because I am male.
    I am the person who feels guilty because I think I could be a much better person if I didn’t have to always deal with society hating me.
    I am the man who stopped attending church, not because I don’t believe, but because they closed their doors to my kind.
    I am the Youth Worker that sees hundreds of kids thrown out of home because they were honest with their families.
    I am the girl that struggles to get up in the morning because school is so cruel to me.I am the footballer scared to come out because I might lose my contract.
    I am the boy that always wanted a Barbie, but no one would let me have one.
    I am the person who has to hide what this world needs most: love.I am the woman that wants to join the army, but my family wont let me because I would look like a dyke.
    I am the person ashamed to tell my own friends I’m a lesbian, because they constantly make fun of them.
    I am the boy tied to a fence, beaten to a bloody pulp and left to die because two straight men wanted to “teach me a lesson”.
    I am the bisexual whose friends don't want her to go to a movie with them because there'll be a homophobe there, and they don't want him to get mad at them for inviting me.
    We are all around you.
    We are the millions that want the hate to end

2. midnight424

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That is true and it is very sad.

3. Blondie

Blondie Guest

I wish we could post this all over the internet

4. nebenebe

Lafayette, Louisiana, USA, North America, Earth
    That was one of the saddest things I've ever read. I think I died a little inside.