1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More than 70 countries make being gay a crime

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...countries-make-being-gay-a-crime-2040850.html

2. Just Adam

hmm the world is a unfriendly place and humans a petty race...

progress comes but shall lead to a greater divide between the west and east.

sadly planetary recognition of equal rights is unlikely for many generations of humans.

3. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I knew this already.

Mainly because I have no life and I have time to look up this stuff.

So..

Yay.

4. Alex19

yea im not surprized. but someday it will change. it has to. the greater good always wins. (as movie-esque as that sounded lol)

5. Charme

Charme Guest

Wait for their demographics to transition into industrialization. Technological progress usually gives rise to social progress.

6. Just Adam

china? lol

social progress kinda got left behind there lol,, they decided to go with HA TAKE THAT AMERICA !

i dunno why but i had kim jong il from team americas voice in my head saying that last bit haha

hes so ronrey :frowning2:

7. Bang Bang

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Majority of the countries with jail-sentence and death sentences are countries that are very religious. This will (hopefully) change in the future as more and more countries become secular. A lot of these countries are trying to be more Westernized, so they will eventually adopt the idea of secularism.

8. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I don't know what little world you are in, but China is becoming very socially progressive. Just because they're communist that doesn't mean they can't be.

The only social issues they absolutely wont change at all is anything involving population control. And really, population control is needed there (and in a lot of other places too). :|

9. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And population control just happens to be one thing gay people are extremely good at! :icon_wink
    Next they'll be demanding higher gay quota from their population :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

More to the point of this thread: I don't think just numbers of countries tell the whole story here. The important thing is how many countries it was 10 years ago, and which countries are moving in which directions. that way the picture is probably a bit more positive.

10. Just Adam

china has a terrible record of human rights, and of free speech..

but each to their own beliefs on things.

11. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Yes, they do. And so did we in the past. (The only exception is free speech. We never had problems with it in the past, but we do now.)

But they are changing. That's my point.

12. Just Adam

as fast as a snail in a fly trap.

but they are changing...but their rise into an industrial super power over the last 2 decades didn't bring it about if anything made it worse or the cover up of it anyway, everyone knew chinas human rights were..lacking, but their growth brought them more attention and this showed things up that was unwelcome ... the progress they are starting now is very slow because its fighting against their communist roots and the transition to a more open market economy is painful .. but they are progressing ... but due to pressure by other large economy's who they rely on for their continues economic growth through exports.

so you are right they are growing, i too am correct its a slow growth not directly linked with industrial development.

so were both right...its all good.

13. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

You apparently don't understand communism. The basis for communism is everyone is equal in every single sense.

The funny thing is, every communist country ever in existence has completely ignored that aspect.

14. Just Adam

umm i know about communism, and im also very well aware that people went through hell under the share everything bollocks while the rich and powerful had luxury.

and just because they are communist you make it sound like supposed to understand and ignore what i know. the fact is well documented on everything i said..i didnt say china was ruled by Martians only its current transition goes against everything its gone by and its a change of necessity not choice.

but i give up if all im going to get is i don't understand as a reply again then whats the point.

the worlds as cruel as it is kind, there done, end , given up.

15. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Now you're just yelling at me, but you're saying exactly the same thing I did at parts, and at others you're saying things that are completely irrelevant to everything I said.

You're just pulling stuff out of thin air to say. I won't bother to read any posts regarding this subject of yours in this thread because frankly it's a waste of my time.