1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hutchison to vote against Kagan because she supported the gay ‘social agenda’

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.dallasvoice.com/hutchiso...ported-gay-social-agenda-harvard-1036849.html

2. ANightDude

The only people who vote in this state are people over the age of 40, anyways. And then we don't care. That's seriously how it goes here. Our congressmen/women don't represent us or mean anything to us at all. LAME PEOPLE. And Rick Perry, don't get me started. :dry:

3. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

She has more than enough votes to be sworn in, so this really doesn't impact anything. It's not like he's breaking a tie or something :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: .

4. starfish

I was so disappointed that Hutchison lost in gubernatorial primary. Not that I like Hutchison, I just hate Rick Perry. Anyone would be better. If you gave me a choice between Perry and Chairman Mao, it would be Mao every time.

To be honest I wouldn't say this reflects what Hutchison really believes. She'll do whatever it takes to keep her job. Disagreeing with anything Obama wants gets you a long way right now. Honestly if Obama said the sky was blue, you could call him a lier and say it is purple and you would have the full support of the Republicans in Texas.

5. ANightDude

Since your from Texas, have you been seeing those anti Rick Perry ads on TV? We constantly see the "Forcing girls to get a shot" thing and "Spending money on himself, but cutting funding for nursing homes, hospitals, education, etc.". It's worked. I hate him even more.

6. This saddens me. It won't matter in the long run because Kagan will almost certainly be sworn in, but it's too bad that she'll lose votes because of people who are so ignorant.

And now for an important public service announcement:

Almost all of the politicians in Texas do not represent the people. They represent the views of older people who are stuck in 1953. Please do not judge the people who live Texas because the elected officials suck. Judge the elected officials that suck. Thank you, that is all.

7. :***: Kay Bailey Hutchison. She's on her way out

8. starfish

Yes I have. I am very familiar with the issue they are talking about. However I strongly dislike the ad as I feel it is misleading. They make it sound like the vaccine was just to treat an STD. It is true that the vaccine was to protect again the strains of HPV which cause cancer. The point was the vaccine was to prevent cancer, the fact that HPV is an STD is inconsequential. I am also of the opinion that Perry did not issue the order to protect Women, but to benefit Merck.

So yes while the ultimate point of the ad is that Perry issued the order to benefit Merck is true in my opinion, the implication that he enabled our girls to become sluts is just sleazy.