1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sen. Ensign has ‘concern’ over ‘Don’t Ask’ repeal

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.washingtonblade.com/2010/08/03/sen-ensign-has-concern-over-dont-ask-repeal/

2. Emberstone

wait... he is still in office after all his ethical violations?

Hypocracy much, republicans?

3. Alex19

theyre all hypocrites. unfortunately the same goes for democrats. if its a politician, theyre a hypocrite.

4. RedState

Ummm...exactly what ethical violations? Using your position to help your own personal financial interests? Oh yeah, I forgot, that's what Rep. Waters (D-CA) has been charged with by the House Ethics Committee. Failing to report $1 MM in income to the IRS? Oh yeah, I forgot, that's what Charlie Rangel (D-NY) was charged with by the House Ethics Committee. Having $90,000 in bribe money tucked away in a freezer? Sorry, that's what Rep. Jefferson (D-LA) was convicted of.

Not to mention the Democratic Whip, Rep. Jim Clyburn (D-SC) who is now becoming part of his own scandal for directing millions of Federal tax dollars to the Jim Clyburn Center at SC State for years....a center that does not exist and has since caused a call for an entire investigation into the finances of that particular University.

The point is that both R and D's have their bad apples.

Sen. Ensign has not done anything in violation of Senate Rules...besides the fact of running around on his wife...and if that was in violation of Congressional Ethics Rules, then half the Members of Congress would be booted out.

Keep in mind that Washington was built upon a swamp. They traded malaria for politics. Probably an even trade.

#4 RedState, Aug 3, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  5. Emberstone

He had a affair, which is not the issue, but what is is that he paid off the husband of the woman he was sleeping with by giving him a high paying, high ranking job, which is considered unethical according to senete rules, as it ammounts to giving a bribe/gift to someone to get them not to speak out against you.

http://www.8newsnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=12442597

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/03/18/john.ensign.subpoena/index.html?iref=allsearch

the senete ethics commiette can only open a investigation and begin hearings if evidence of rule breaking and ethics violations can be substantiated.

Just remeber that before you bite someones head off for stating a docuemented fact.

6. RedState

I wasn't biting your head off...sorry if it came across that way...just making a point that no party has a monopoly on bad judgement, shitty behavior and unethical activity. Sadly that's not just how Washington survives, it is how it flourishes. The nation would be shocked and appalled if they knew all that went down in DC after the sun goes down.

As far as Ensign goes, from what we hear and have observed, there have been some steps to investigate these claims, but nothing solid has come out to warrant a Senate charge. Should he be guilty of these claims, then most certainly he should face the music.

I guess I've been involved in it so long that I have become a cynic when it comes to politics and politicians. Anyone that violates the greatest gift the public gives them--their trust--should be run out on a rail. But...if that happened, there would only be about 12 people left in Washington.

7. Miss Modular

Hahaha, yes.

And as far as Ensign is concerned, I'm not sure that too many people care right now. He's done a fairly good job of keeping himself and the whole affair fiasco out of the news lately. And voicing this 'concern' will probably improve his image and voter satisfaction percentages here in Nevada.