1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perry v. Schwarzenegger decision will be announced tomorrow

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Dan82

https://ecf.cand.uscourts.gov/cand/09cv2292/

I think it’s important to remember that tomorrow’s decision won’t mean that much as there are still several rounds of appeals so don’t react too strongly either way.

#1 Dan82, Aug 3, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  2. ANightDude

Holy crap. Holy crap. Holy crap. Holy crap. D:

3. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

aosfaokfaoksfoakfsoaksfoaksfoaskf

Excitement.

4. Gaetan

Too bad I'm busy tomorrow, and can't stay glued to my computer watching for a ruling...

5. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

I was just going to say, it's a little overwhelming to think that this is just the first round.

6. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

It'd be nice if we won this, even if it's not the end. It means we're winning the battle..there..unless one of the appeals goes through at it's reversed. ;__;

7. EM68

Lets hope for the best!

8. Johnnieguy

According to The Advocate the decision will happen between 1 and 3pm, Pacific time.

It's a near certainty Prop 8 will be overturned tomorrow, since there is no logical reason to uphold it. What remains to be seen is whether or not Judge Walker will issue a stay, or demand that CA start performing same-sex marriages immediately.

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OMG and I'm not gonna be here. I'm taking my best friend to the airport :frowning2: But at least there will be something HOPEFULLY good to return to...

10. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'm sooooo excited! Not only for this but also New Hampshire legalizing same sex marriage today! The tide is a changing! :slight_smile: It's not expected for the CA ruling to reach the Supreme Court for another 5 to 6 years but we're making progress. Hopefully most of you will see marriage equality in your lifetime! Yahoo....I am so happy to be working on this not only in Oregon but nationwide!

11. Emberstone

I am in the process of starting a working relationship with B.R.O. as a volunteer. So dont worry Becky, You got hands on deck here in oregon to help give voice to the issue.

12. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Yeah, let's meet up sometime! I go to most of BRO's events.

13. Emberstone

I need to email them back. I was hoping to start offering my services, expecially during august and september, when I have no classes for my summer break, but they havent called me back after the initial phone call. they said if they dont call back, to email one of the coordinator.

I am hoping to come a bit more out of my shell, because every gay person that is no longer a unknown quantity is a person, sheerly by them being out, that will help educate and huminize the issue of equality.

My grandmother, who is deeply religious, has taken my sexuality in stride, and accepted me. She now openly talks to me about it, and even on the night she found out, she told my mom that she really hoped that now I can move forward with my life, and find a guy who will help me become complete. Because of this, I want to be more proactive, and try to work to have a positive impact, and BRO seems a like a good group, working to make a open, honest dialogue happen in oregon.

I might email them tonight. I know tommarow is going to be a long day. I have to read a book by thursday, we are shampooing my apartment's carpeting, and the prop 8 decision.

From reading the transcripts, I think it is a generally safe bet that the decision will strike down prop 8. The defenders of the proposition did not put up a good case, and ended up conceding a great deal to boies and olsen.

oh god, if I had a chance, I would give both of them a big hug!!