1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Widow offers 'proof' husband knew history

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7136503.html

2. HackmanWIU

Don't blame the grandmother, the money should go to his kids.

3. Gaetan

If she intends to raise the children herself, then the money should go to her.

If she will not be raising the children, the money should go to the children.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To me I say fuck the grandmother.

5. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Wait. What? Why? She was a part of the marriage. She was a part of the family. EVEN if, for some obscure reason, she never had any interaction with the children again, she is still entitled to a portion. Not all of it, mind you, but a portion. That's how this would be settled in any court case if she didn't have a non-normative gender history. The only difference lies in the arsehole of a grandmother who appears to have something against their marriage. Why else would she be suing? It's not like the government is in this going 'AWNAW, THEY WERE KINDA BOTH MEN SORTA MAYBE'. It's one woman being a bigot. Case closed.

EDIT: Also, I don't see why it would matter if her husband was unaware of her past. I mean, if you married someone who revealed to you that they had once owned a business that had failed and you died, that person would still be entitled to a portion even if you were shocked and appalled by their poor business practices (I know, I know a bit of a stretch comparison). You see what I mean? This is just a case for trans hate.

#5 Numfarh, Aug 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2010
  6. HackmanWIU

Any person who gets in the way of children's inheritance isn't much of a person imo. Seen this all too often...And I don't buy you saying this grandmother is a bigot, that is a cop out. I think she is using this as a precursor to insure those kids get the money. Like I said don't blame her, the only money that shouldn't go to his kid's should go to her child, depending on if that child was adopted by the father. She don't need it.

7. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Did you miss the part about her being a part of the marriage as well? What about an older couple, the children are about to move out of the house, and one of them dies? Should all of the money go to the children? No! They built a life together and the same applies in this case. The money, assuming the children are not under her care, should be split accordingly. And what if this woman isn't working? She'll need to find a job which may take some time. Should she just get kicked to the curb in favour of the children getting all the money? No.

Ugh. :dry:

As for you not 'buying that the grandmother is a bigot', why is she finding it necessary to say that her son was ashamed to be married to this woman? If this was just a case of money going to the 'rightful' persons, then bringing up her past wouldn't matter. And it still shouldn't matter.

#7 Numfarh, Aug 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2010
  8. HackmanWIU

Yes a 2 year life, so tragic.

9. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Get back to me when your significant other dies after you've spent two years together. Then we will see if your sarcasm holds strong.