1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gay+mariage

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by fabu2113, Aug 4, 2010.

1. fabu2113

fabu2113 Guest

I dont get it.Iam so confused right now. I am still gay and I over read about a law that got overturned or something. Does that mean it was approved, then all of the sudden they decided that it was not going to work in california.whats the name of that law and does it have to do with gay mariage or just effects it. When i heard that i knew it was bad for the gay community. I was sad Bc everyone diserves to be happy and that mariage is showing a huge step of love and comittment to your partner.

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok I'll explain it for you. There was a ban on gay marriage but in 2008 a ruling passed that allowed gays to get married. Then thanks to bigots like National Organization for Marriage and the Mormon Church, they put forward Proposition 8 which would change the constitution of California to make marriage defined as only one man and one woman. Then in November, 6 months after same sex marriage was legal, Prop 8 passed which made same sex marriage illegal again. Then in January of this year a trial was held that was challenging Prop 8. Today, the judge ruled that Prop 8 was unconstitutional and therefore overturned Prop 8.

3. fabu2113

fabu2113 Guest

wooow ooooh .OK gotcha. thanks.:slight_smile: well that is good.