1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picketting

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Severed Serenity, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Severed Serenity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    When Ronnie James Dio died, a group of picketters planned to attend his funeral, donning signs with phrases such as "God Hates Fags", etc. I did some research on this group and it turns out they've picketted soldiers' grave sites, as well as caused some major scenes in general protests. In an interview with one of the main members of the group, the report said to them:

"Nowhere in the Bible does it say anything against men sleeping together or women sleeping together, can you explain that?"

To which the woman replied: "Yes it does! Thou shalt not commit adultery."

The reporter was speechless due to the obvious mistaken understanding of the woman, as was I.

They've shown up to events and funerals with signs that say "When Fags Die, God Laughs" and other phrases that are seriously harmful to the LGBTQ community. I checked out their site to get a better idea of what they were doing, and it brought me to tears.

For all of you who would like to read more on Dio's death and the Westboro Baptist Church (which the group comes from), I'm providing a few links that will give you some more information.

Does this sicken anyone else?

http://www.bravewords.com/news/139895

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=140446

The second link is where you can find videos and other interviews with these people. Who could stand do do the things they do? :tears::bang::dry:

----------

Just a side note.. I'm all for standing up for what you believe in, and it generally takes me a lot to be bothered by other people's opinions.. but this just killed me.

This is also not to say that all Catholics, Baptists, or anyone else who believes in God are the same. I by no means am meaning to portray that. Some of my best friends are Catholics. Please don't bring religious debate into this, it is not what I intended.

#1 Severed Serenity, Aug 7, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  2. Nomad187

Oh trust me we are all to familiar with this specific hate group

3. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

What did you intend? These people are working to the letter of a fictional book, not much can be discussed if you dont want to talk about religion.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah many of us know the WBC all too well. I've known about them since like 2007...maybe earlier than that. As for you saying you don't want us to get into a religious debate, we won't because the fact is...these people can't even be called religious because they have their own stupid religion. They say their Christian (or Catholic...I can't recall which they say) but they have their own version of it...to me it's not real. Because no real Catholic or Christian are THIS bad.

5. adam88

WBC is infamous, which is ultimately what they want (all of the kids are lawyers who enjoy frivolous lawsuits) and the reason why I ignore them.

6. Nomad187

They are a cult. lets just hope they end the way alot of cults do. with rat poison punch

7. Hoppip

Been there done that. xD