1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Edmonton] Capitals manager called out for abusing gay ump

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/opinion/Capitals+manager+called+abusing/3374122/story.html

2. Just Adam

only got fined $5,000? thats worthless...

should get a ban from the spot, should be no place in sport for such behaviour, supposed to inspire and be role models.

3. Dan82

He’s in an independent league $5,000 is a significant portion of his yearly pay.

4. Just Adam

im sure he can cover it easily tho... they've all got work on the sides... endorsements or public events they've done/do

theres always ways to make money if you do anything in the publicly eye at any level...

but i stand by the fine isnt enough as it still sends the message you can just pay your way out of something he should get banned...as like i say before people are role models and must act as such...its what pisses me off about footballers here...they talk all teh crap how they're great and always do whats best to inspire fans then you find out they're on drugs a wife beater a drunk having affairs etc...and they just carry on and its like >.>

sport used to be a test of heroes and champions and they had to live as such.

oh well.

5. Jaken 491

Jaken 491 Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    Just not right and weird since the city's not that far away from Calgary 0.o, well not weird, just rawrg >.<

I also think he deserves a bit more punishment.