1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Judge: No easy way out for same-sex couple

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/localnews/Judge-affirms-same-sex-marriages

2. Just Adam

i think its good we must get divorced as it shows we are in some part recognised...

i do hate how lgbt peopel are trying to get divorced or the marriage null in void etc so soon after getting the right to marry...ive always thought because weve had to work for marriage and only just having it people will put some real meaning into getting married and not rush it now its all going tits up and people are trying to run away :frowning2: i can understand hetro people rushing into marriage and regretting it because marriage is just something they can do and nobody has to stop to think but when you have to really work and fight for a right you dont tend to just use it stupidly...thats how i see it anyway.

i hope same sex couples getting married have spent enough time getting to know all aspects of each other and are sure they can commit for better or worse...

actually i think im to bias for this as im kinda used to people just packing up and leaving instead of working on relationships... it sucks.

very sad :frowning2:

3. Chandra

I can understand why this upsets you, but really, you can't expect that marriage and divorce are going to be any different for same-sex partners than for opposite-sex. Same-sex partners are going to make the same mistakes in relationships (rushing in too fast, cheating, etc.) as opposite-sex partners do because unfortunately, making mistakes is a part of human nature.

And for that matter, I don't really think it's "all going tits up" just because a few couples are getting divorced. Is there any information on divorce rates amongst same-sex couples vs. opposite-sex? 'Cause 1 out of 66 (according to the article above) seems like a pretty good rate to me, compared to, what, 30-50% of opposite-sex marriages that end in divorce.

4. Just Adam

i know im a bit harsh on it...i just like to think we can work better than this. oh well its life ...moving on.

5. Charme

Charme Guest

One can only imagine what will happen now.