1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AP Interview: Pawlenty OK with move to oust judges

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.startribune.com/politics...rksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUUsZ

2. Emberstone

thats terrible. a judge upholds the federal constitutions requirements, and all the jackass fucktards scream for impeachment because a judge did not allow them to continue their unconstitutional abuse of american citizens.

3. Just Adam

+1 well said :slight_smile:

4. RedState

You live by the electoral sword, and sometimes you die by the electoral sword.

That's why I have always thought public election of judges was a horrible idea...not only from a fundraising standpoint, but should the judge issue a ruling that the public doesn't like (regardless if it is to the letter of the law or not) then, bam! Out on their asses in November. Personally I think, while not perfect, appointment by the Governor for a set term is the best system for state judges. Simply just following the Federal system in other words.

As far as Pawlenty goes, I really don't see anything wrong with his comments. He's right, it is up to the people of that given state to decide the fate of any elected official. He's right in saying that he would review his entire record before he joined any movement to defeat this judge. I think it is very appropriate for him to take into consideration this judge's entire record, instead of basing his decision on this one issue.
    What's wrong with that?
    I don't know a damn thing about this judge or his record. He could have a record of horrible rulings that are constantly overturned, or he could be a stellar judge...I have no clue.

#4 RedState, Aug 13, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why can these people not understand that the Supreme Court did what was right? It may be right for people to vote on other things, but a vote for civil rights is complete lunacy. If these people had actual brains, they'd see this....

6. RedState

It wasn't SCOUTS that rendered this verdict. It was one judge. From there it will go to the Federal Appeals Court, then the SCOUTS.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It doesn't matter. This should never come to the plate. This is civil rights and any form of referendum is stupidity. Also, what are you talking about? This is about Iowa where the Supreme Court ruled to keep the lower courts decision to allow Same-Sex marriage. Are you talking about California bamaboy? Because I'm referring to Iowa, the topic of this thread. And ousting the Supreme Court justices over something this stupid is complete lunacy.

8. Charme

Charme Guest

Tyranny of the masses.

9. RedState

Oh sorry...my bad. I thought you were talking about the US Supreme Court, and the process this prop 8 thing would go through next. My mistake.