1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Navy Air Force IG Under Investigation After Dismissing Anti-Gay Harassment Complaint

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/08/13/exclusive-navy-air-force-inspector-general-under-investigation/

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Navy Air Force IG Under Investigation After Dismissing Anti-Gay Harassment Compla

Wow...what lovely mature air men. I'm so glad my safety is in their hands.

3. Blondie

Blondie Guest

Re: Navy Air Force IG Under Investigation After Dismissing Anti-Gay Harassment Compla

this is why we need to remove DADT

4. Just Adam

this is why getting rid of DADT wont help. just because people can be open about who they are doesent mean they can be in reality, the bigots and bastards that are in the armed forces will still be there and people will still be unable to be open with others for fear of victimisation...besides i have a problem with putting my life in peopels hands if i they will despise me and prob want me dead...trust them to watch your back ..umm no.

its going to take a long time for things to get better..sure getting rid of DADT is a start but it wont suddenly allow people to say im gay... getting kicked out is the least of peoples troubles :frowning2:

5. Beachboi92

I'm gonna be as nice as i can about this. You're wrong, stewie is right, this is why DADT needs to be repealed along with a long list of other reasons. LGBT harassment is aloud to happen because people can't come forward about it at risk of being kicked out of the military which they are often dependent on for a long list of things.

DADT needs to be repealed because the only way to change the environment of our armed forces is to make it a talking subject, to expose people to LGBT people. When you know an LGBT person it changes where you stand on things. On occasion we read about people in the military being homophobic but we look at polls and talk to those who serve and find they are actually a supportive group simply with leadership rooted in backwards tradition.

Today i did a post carding action for Equality Maryland to help get support for same sex marriage. A military man said "i would but i can't sign that because i am in the military and i don't want to risk anything, but i appreciate what you are doing." That is what DADT has done, it has killed free speech, it has killed people's abilities to live their lives, to be happy, to be honest.

When people can be open about who they are some WILL BE and more WILL follow, it is simply the way things work. They cannot be protected if they cannot be identified and policies can't change if we are still stuck behind DADT.

I am sorry but anyone saying that there is a reason to not appeal DADT simply pisses me of due to how ridiculous i feel that statement is. The only reason we have it is because there had to be a compromise with the bigots when it came to an organization rooted in backwards tradition and inequality. There is not a legal, ethical, logical or any other basis i can think of for keeping DADT. And trust me i try to think of them purely for the purpose of seeing if there are ways to counter them.