1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Campaigners may try to block road when Pope visits London college

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...ock-road-when-Pope-visits-London-college.html

2. Emberstone

"...Catholic education..."

Oxy-moron alert...

3. Alex19

ikr? whats catholic education anyways? doesnt sound like it exists...

4. Just Adam

hell no pope go home, you stupid fuc*ing homophobe

little chant for them there.

i would love if every road and airport exit was just a sea of rainbow flags people chanting him out of the country..i dont care what people say about bring money and religious expression i say he is nothing than a monger of hate speech... talking vile things on homosexuals and i still cant get over the condoms lot in Africa...that really got my back up people dying of aids ....

we dont allow people in this country who promote the death and discrimination of other minorities but because its the pope he should be exempt..it just dont make any sense to me.

5. Rygirl

I want to hurl him from the roof tops,

Catholic Education? You mean brainwashing don't you?

6. Keereamm

Now call me silly, but all these anti-Christian messages are just plain ironic. Hating the haters does not make you any better. Now I am personally not a fan of the Christian nation, but promoting hatred and the post above me suggests is death is no better than them. Can we not make a knowledgeable argument without being hypocrites?

<3 >:3

7. Goethe

thank you. :eusa_clap

8. Emberstone

lets just put it this way. the papacy in its history is responcible for more murders than fundementalist islamic fighters, and the nazi's combined, then tripled.

9. Keereamm

I am not trying to downplay that, I am just thinking that we can do better than to stoop to their level. Maybe I am being to idealogical.

10. Mysterons

Mysterons Guest

I personally see nothing wrong with expressing disgust towards someone who collaborated in a bunch of atrocious events such as the ones listed by Emberstone. The idea that by getting angry you're 'stooping to their level' makes it seem like 'anger' is always an unjustified reaction without seeing stuff in context. By the same token, nazis shouldn't have been condemned for war crimes after WW2 and people should've just 'forgotten' instead of expressing 'hatred'.

11. RedState

Thank you for that.
    There is certainly nothing wrong with protesting or expressing rational outrage of a policy of a Church or government....but I have always found it interesting that some---especially in the gay community--engage in the exact same vitriolic hate filled commentary that they condemn their opponents for.

No, you're not being idealogical. You're being an adult.

#11 RedState, Aug 17, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  12. Shevanel

*is obviously brainwashed*

13. olides84

Belgium came into existence as a Catholic nation. Parents have a choice to send their kids to public school or Catholic school--government pays in either case. But...Belgium was also the second country in the world to legalize same-sex marriage. So bullshit with the brainwash, oxymoron, doesn't exist comments about Catholic education.

Keep your attitudes focused on the pope and the hierarchy, and away from demonizing Catholics themselves or their educational institutions, where many EC members went/are going to. Otherwise you are no different than the pope and his homophobia.

/rant

14. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

This is ridiculous. What is the point of doing this anyway? Who are these people that they think they have the right to tell people what their religion should and shouldn't teach.

Since when has the pope told the people to kill homosexuals? The catholic church has been very clear when it comes to the subject. They have stated that homosexuals should not be persecuted or harmed in any way for being gay.

The Vatican has helped a lot of people around the world. Yes, they made their mistakes, but they are only human. Trying to sell an image of an evil pope JUST because he doesn't support gays is not fair. EVERYONE has the right to their own opinion as long as they don't interfere with peoples lives.

15. x2x2x2x2y2

An eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind.

---------- Post added 17th Aug 2010 at 02:35 PM ----------

^this.

16. Charme

Charme Guest

As long as they're not doing anything illegal, they aren't doing anything wrong so let them do whatever.

And that whole bit about Catholic education = bullshit is bullshit. I've went to Catholic school for most of my childhood and I wasn't brainwashed at all. (Although I was tricked into going to an anti-abortion rally so shame on me). Besides, you should all be thankful for Catholic education. They have the cutest schoolboys. /dream

17. Just Adam

they dont have to shout their hate for us what they say is enough... fact is we are persecuted by them ...he does interfere with people...when your the head of the catholic church with millions of followers what you think and say does have an effect...and frankly his thoughts on things dont help people..like i said before what he says about aids and the use of condoms...its terrible to say that...

the vatican only helps itself...

18. Emberstone

people need to stop equating people protesting the pope to the papacy murdering 5 million woman in the middle ages for the crime basically of not having a penis, and not being completely subserviant. we should not be compaired to the papacy, that created a series of lies to start the crusades under the lie that they are protecting the holy land... the reality is they wanted arab ports, because they saw the arabs getting wealthy off trading. hence why the vast amjority of the effort was in genociding arabs, and only a small contingent actually went to jerusalem, compaired to the larger garrisions that were sent to the port. the church got incredibliy rich of of it. During the holocaust, the catholic church, among with many of the nazi's were apart of, remained determidly and forcefully silent while the nazi's built upon mellinia of catholic anti-semitisem masacered the jewish population.

Don't compare the protesters to the papacy and the catholic church. We are not the ones with blood on our hands... and they are actively abusing, hurassing, and condeming us every day.

19. Keereamm

If we want to play the who killed more.
    Leading cause of death is life. Blame the straights!

Crap happens, true its a tragedy, but if you dwell on it instead of working on making it better, you are no better than them.

#19 Keereamm, Aug 17, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  20. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

So you are telling me that he must embrace homosexuality in order for him to be good? That is ridiculous. Let people think what they want. Also, his political power is very limited. Countries that are predominately catholic are still making same-sex marriage legal, so what exactly is he really harming?

Also, you are speaking from pure hate. Catholic churches around the world help the poor and communities that need help. The Vatican provides these churches with a lot of money.

You guys are blaming the pope for mistakes that were made a long time ago and by a whole different pope. A whole different person. How is it a surprise that power corrupts people? Should we ever trust the president of the United States ever again? I mean, the past presidents have committed horrible crimes. Just like the catholic church, and most of the world, no one stopped the Nazi movement. Blame that on the whole world.