1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Final DADT survey response rate under 30 percent

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.stripes.com/blogs/stripe...urvey-response-rate-under-30-percent-1.114975

2. Just Adam

this was never going to work tehre was over 100 questions for asking do you think gay people should be able to openly serve...

they dont have time the effort the inclination to do such a survey...when not out on patrol they are doing drills maintenance and other work.....besides i reckon the officers just told them not to do it anyway.

3. Chandra

Hopefully this sends the message that, gee, maybe military troops have more important things to worry about than whether their co-servicemen and women are gay. In other words: it's (gasp) not a big deal, so hurry up and repeal it already.

4. Just Adam

im pretty sure its jstu they got more important things to do like not getting shot.

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    -_- is all I have to say...

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of my friends who is a CPO in the Navy is currently in a training program on base with thousands of other students. He had not heard a thing about the survey, and neither he nor his friends received it.

My guess is a lot of base commanders simply buried the request to distribute the survey.

7. Just Adam

exactly my thought... did your mate happen to mention the atmosphere where is on such things?

8. Paper Heart

I'm almost certain that this was the survey that people were able to hack, take, then submit, regardless of whether they're in the military or not. I heard it on the OutQ Channel on sirius, but I don't remember which show. It sounded legit though.