1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Fatal Encounter in a Newark Park

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/22/nyregion/22newark.html

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's really sad to hear...but I'm not really sure how this fits under LGBT news. I mean its sad to lose a member of our community but 1. the man was in the park to have sex and public sex isn't right in my opinion, 2. the man turned violent and Esposito was defending himself, and 3. this clearly was not a hate crime, it even says on page 4 that Esposito is not homophobic in any way, shape or form. So I'm just curious why this is in the news section. No offense to Defarra...I think every life is sacred and it's just sad he died because of this, but I'm also just not sure why this is relevant to LGBT News, Rights, Issues and Equality unless it's about the whole public sex thing.

3. Dan82

I just posted the story so that everyone could draw their own conclusions on it.

4. Just Adam

i think its good the news/stories are posted but i agree with revan that i dont really see any relevance, the guy turned out to be a sleazy violent guy...public sex *yuck* but its not really anything to do with us...other than teh sex and well it aint our fault thats how he wanted to get his kicks.