1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soo...Correct me if im wrong

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Ralphtruco, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Ralphtruco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    (i dont exactly know if this goes here but it kinda seems like it does, so sorry in advance if it does not)
    Anyway, this happened a while back (like two months or so) but it kind of always disturbed me a little and i just wanted to know if it was wrong what they were doing
    My best friend (or i least i think she still is xD) goes to this japanese...place? (i dont know how to say it...i think it is like...embassy?) where they teach you ...japànese, duh xD
    And also my other friend, who is gay goes also. In the first class the "sensei" started by saying : you are gay, also you and this one also...I respect you all but please don do anyhting in public (or something to that effect)
    I asked my friend WHYTF she did that and she said it was because a while back when the "leader" of the embassy came here they where a couple of gays kissing, but like pretty heavily, like HEAVY making out xD and the leader, made a big fuzz about this and scolded al the senseis, so now they are all obliged to say something like that
    Im just asking...Is this correct? (i mean...considerign that they are japanese, they are another culture BUT they ARE in another country) Im asking because i had a mini argument with her about this...she was saying like "her job is on the line bla bla bla"
    I just dont know :_:

2. VentinIntrovert

I don't think it's a necessarily a bad thing. The way the sensei phrased it may have been disrespectful and perhaps homophobic. However, I think its fair. Regardless whether these couples are homosexuals or hetersexuals, they shouldn't be heavily making out in the first place. It's disruptive and disrespectful in their culture. I remembered in high school when I had friends that did that to show off. People thought it was the grosses thing ever, since the two weren't the most attractive either (not to be disrespectful or anything).

3. Emberstone

I agree. the making out was the wrong behavior for them to be doing.

however, you have to understand that some countries have very strict cultural beliefs about behavior. Japan is changing, and is more modern than some places, but tradition in how one behaves in public is still fairly common. I wouldnt be surprised if he said something similer to two heterosexual people heavily making out. displays of public affection are frowned upon in many places in the world. it is viewed as disrespectful of the people around them. I doubt they would be angry for stealing a kiss, but benchpressing each other might be crossing a line.