1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

David Yost (Original Blue Power Ranger) comes out publicly.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Zach1992, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Zach1992

Good for him & what he went through on the show was complete shit.
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmlcuY8bOUk[/YOUTUBE]

In other news the NEW Blue Ranger has this to say.
    http://twitter.com/iRipRunways/status/22084887695

Because he was hit on by gay guys on Twitter...

2. Just Adam

billy is gay !!!!!!!!!!!

awww i miss power rangers so much ...go go mighty morphin :grin:

---------- Post added 26th Aug 2010 at 12:03 AM ----------

on a deeper note its horrid what he went through i will always look at the show differently now...i dont believe the co stars were homophobic from what he says which makes me happy..i like to think Tommy is an accepting guy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

i think its great hes doing this interview, i found it really moving... i know where hes coming from its pretty emotional.....talking about himself i feel like giving him a (*hug*)

hes so sweet

---------- Post added 26th Aug 2010 at 12:07 AM ----------

also just seeing that bit you got on new blue ranger >.> tehres only 1 real blue ranger !...if he wants to be all hey dont chat me u p im all insecure shit then meh...

power rangers has really gone down the shitter :frowning2: last good series was time force after that it was misery...only thing since then that i liked was the return of Tommy as hes sexy and i love the character most powerful ultimate ranger thing going on lol

but it just went too childish and all i dunno crap..really its felt like everything was just a rip off of bad guys from mighty morphin or looking like zeo...i got no time for it...

3. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

OMG Just watched all three parts..."pray the gay away"? OMG That was so heartbreaking, and I'm happy to hear that his friendship with the other rangers was true. I would have thought that being a nerd character it was harder to talk to jock characters like Jason, Tommy, and Zack. But hearing the thing about the couch, comb, and fly? LMAO! Awesome!

But my jaw dropped when he said the incident about the "faggot" thing- I
    honestly became nauseous. How terrible.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OMFG. This just WOW. Congratulations David and unfortunate all that happened while on the set.

---------- Post added 25th Aug 2010 at 08:09 PM ----------

As for the new blue ranger, what a fucking dick.

#5 Revan, Aug 25, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  5. Alex19

I KNEW IT!!!! i always figured that this guy was not straight. he doesnt have a heterosexual face

i also never would have guessed that he had gone through that while working on the show... i figured hollywood was a place that ur sexuality wouldnt matter in. but i was wrong...

#6 Alex19, Aug 25, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  6. Rikudo

Ha caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalled it.

Also you'd think that the new Blue ranger would want a large fanbase no matter what the orientation is.

7. This is great! I'm glad that he did this, but his story is really sad. I'm shocked that professionals can still get away with that kind of discrimination and harassment. People in the film and television industry should have standards! :frowning2:

:icon_bigg

8. Zach1992

Well this was a good 17 years ago.

Haim Saban (Creator of PR & had control of it until the end of Time Force) has required the franchise & he is the one bringing it back after Disney canceled it. He's also rounding up a lot of his old creative staff for it.

9. Just Adam

yea good old saban... back when it still had a manga feel you get stronger bad guys get stronger so forth .. it was good to see the development and some proper good characters... i think original green ranger, original gold ranger, original silver ranger titanium ranger, magna defender quantum ranger...they had style to them after it was just gimmicky .. when your weapons become i dunno a tambourine or summat lol i give up.

i also miss masked rider... Vr troopers not so much.

10. Tim

Tim

To be fair Zach, Najee DID apologize.

And also was stated before that multiple people are updating his twitter in an attempt to boost his fanbase.

Considering his tweets:

1st:
    2nd: (8 hours later)
    3rd: (Right after 2nd)
    Me thinks either he's bipolar, or he's just someone who says things without thinking of said consequences. If you notice, most of his tweets have different writing styles. So unless he writes differently every single time, something is up with his twitter account, but not really my business.

Either way, he'll never be more of an ass than Operation Overdrive's black ranger, or Jason David Frank.

Anyway, didn't see the David Yost thing, I ignored the video, but I kind've was already assuming.

11. Zach1992

I know that Bentas stole the banner that was going to be auctioned off for Make-A-Wish & JDF is just your garden variety douchey Jesus freak, but nothing about Najee's apology felt real. I can understand not liking being hit on, but that's life. You're not going to like everyone who hits on you & singling out the gay ones who said you were hot makes you look like a douche.

12. Tim

Tim

Yes, but hate has to stop somewhere. Putting hate on someone for something they've apologized for just adds fuel to the fire.

13. Blondie

Blondie Guest

I had a gut feeling about him I am glad he stuck to it as long as he did

14. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heh, back in the day, when Power Rangers was still new, I did have a bit of a celebrity crush on him.
    Though scientific kid was always attractive to me in any show where they used that stereotype xD

I'm glad for him that he could come out publicly, but I feel sorry for the stuf he had to go through...

This movie details some of the other horrid predjudices on the Power rangers set, though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    (I couldn't find the original, so I'll post one with czech subs instead)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXUXki1lqXE[/YOUTUBE]

#15 Filip, Aug 26, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  15. British Lad

British Lad Guest

woundion it be great if they had a gay power ranger who came out half way though the show and the other rangers supported it.

16. Alex19

that would b cool as all hell... but u wouldnt see it happen for another 50 or so years

17. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That was hilarious :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

---------- Post added 26th Aug 2010 at 02:09 PM ----------

See...while that would be cool, I don't see it ever happening. This isn't Degrassi people, this is Power Rangers. PR has barely ever dealt with teenage issues, it's dealt with beating monsters down and maybe making romance with one of the other rangers...so I highly doubt we'll EVER see a gay power ranger. Sorry but it just would take away from the premise of the show which is beating up rangers. And yes I know in the ORIGINAL rangers there was some of the whole Zach getting down on himself and such, but the issues were never really part of PR. Just something to fill up time between monsters and such.

#18 Revan, Aug 26, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  18. Just Adam

yea that would be cool...rainbow ranger? lol

---------- Post added 26th Aug 2010 at 08:55 PM ----------

well tommy was always dating someone...total play boy haha...mind you id of pounced him too...ooo play your dagger for me XD

later on .... tommy i dont like this the swords watching us ...

19. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol...Also just wanted to mention...with Power Rangers, while I'm looking forward to Saban returning, I've loved all the series frankly except SPD and Operation Overdrive.. I frankly really enjoyed Ninja Storm and Jungle Fury. I mean at least with JF they had actual ninja weapons, like tombos and such. I'll admit the fan was stupid for the Blue Ranger...but the others weren't too bad at all.