1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calif bill protects clergy opposed to gay marriage

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2010/08/25/state/n155600D77.DTL&type=politics

2. Danielle

Danielle Guest

We shouldn't dictate our beliefs upon them just as they shouldn't to us.

3. Johnnieguy

I don't really see anything wrong with the bill. I don't think it is necessary since civil marriage is completely different from religious marriage, but if it will get the bigots to shut their traps, then I'm all for it.

4. titaniumCloset

I think it's fine, if a church decides to not marry gay couples, that's the church's decision. By the way, Johnnieguy, the guys in your avatar are SO FUCKING HOT. Holy shit.

5. Emberstone

first ammendment rights of freedom of religion... they just need to learn to keep their religion in their churches.

Maybe it was because I did not grow up in a political church. we came, we prayed, we shared the peace, then went on with our lives with no desire to force anyone to follow our belief systems.

but it is disgusting how abusive the anti-equality movement has been for centuries... against woman... against people of color... against gays... disgusting.

6. jonny

I completely agree with the bill. there is no need to force them to marry us which is not what we were asking them to do in the first place. if only they would realize this and stop harassing us.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not really thinking a big deal. Sure they shouldn't discriminate but it's their choice and their right to not marry. Besides as Johnnie said, religious marriage is different from civil marriage.

8. Just Adam

i agre burn them and their religious marriage we dont need that...

thing is though id get rid of their tax exemption anyway...over here everyone knows you want to look at people with the wealth you look no further than the church..sadly the small little parish churches are crumbling while the head institutions remain lavish and wealthy...

they can afford to pay tax perhaps these people funding hundred and thousands to support things taking away human rights in name of their religion can help pay the tax for it :wink:

ok it wont happen ....but... surely equality is there somewhere haha

9. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree with every last word.

10. Emberstone

don't say 'holy shit', cause some fundementalist will take it literally, and build a shrine...