1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tear gas sprayed outside funeral that Westboro church was protesting

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/08/28/2184188/tear-gas-sprayed-outside-funeral.html

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    His heart was in the right place...

3. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Those Westboro pieces of shit are more likely to go to hell than us "faggots" are.

4. Charme

Charme Guest

Does the end justify the means?

I don't care as long as something funny happens.

5. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
  6. Just Adam

They need to lighten up, could of been drive by gunning... Wasn't , could of been drive by Molotov .... Wasn't, could of been drive by spray with blood.... Wasn't.

Could of been a lot worse.

7. donnie5

HAHAHA!!! THATS RIGHT!! we always tell them to get the fu** out of our city i cant count the number of times we have run them out with the cops protecting them. just cause there 4 hours away they think they can come here all the time. we'll get ya again!!! keep coming back we'll show ya what hell is!! don't mess with nebraska!

8. ArcaneVerse

Your argument is stupid. It could have been worse so get over it? Hitler could have killed more people then he did so it really wasnt that bad, a drunk driver only ran over 1 person could have been a group of school children so get over it, High school shooter didnt even get half the school cant of been that traumatic. Please think before you use idiotic statements like that.

Also it could have been a lot better, he could have thrown out money or candy or flowers or complements or he could have not done anything!
    -------------------

Anyway I understand that everyone has the right to protest but i think unless your protesting the act of funerals, the place the funeral is being held, the hearse company or cemetery etc. then it should be illegal to protest someone's funeral.

There is a time and place for everything and someone's funeral is not it and im anti-war and I don't think soldiers should be classed as "heroes" but everyone deserves some basic respect as a human being.

9. Danielle

Danielle Guest

What if it was the other way round, I think that most people on this forum would be up in arms about it. Whether we like it or not, what the guy did is a crime and he should be prosecuted accordingly.

10. Just Adam

im sorry comparing this to hitler and a school shooter is VERY stupid..what a lame thing to do...its always oh what if hitler had blah blah sodding blah...why always compare to hitler ... >.>

fact is this is being made too big a deal oh its a crime wah ...people... geez come on... im not happy he did it ive not said i am.. but it could of been a lot worse than it was... wanted for attacking a cop and all that...the cop only got injured because i assume there protecting those bigoted assholes...so ive no real sympathy.... there were victims of course those trying to pay respects and im sorry for them .. but its been blown out of proportion.

---------- Post added 30th Aug 2010 at 04:03 PM ----------

im not saying it wasnt wrong like i just said to other person..but it is being over hyped... and the other way around would mean the protesters would of thrown the gas themselves and id be pissed but this was someone targeting a hate group and the mourners got hit by accident and a cop protecting the hate mongers...

i dont want the guy to get arrested and the book thrown at him saying oh dangerous driving oh endangering public health oh so many counts of assault and attacking a police officer etc...i agree he should be punished but proportionately... all ive said was it could of been worse lets not make a big deal of it...but you are now >.>

but whatever.

11. Danielle

Danielle Guest

It is a big deal, he committed a crime and we shouldn't be saying it isn't a big deal

If a gay group was targeted by Westboro in similar circumstances to this then many people on this board would be calling for their heads over it but since it was the bigots that were attacked some of the very same people that would say it is no big deal.

It doesn't matter who a crime is committed against, it is still a big deal.

12. Emberstone

from another article i read, the police did not know if he was targeting the WBC, or the counter protesters.

Also, in the other article, it was pepper spray.

seems to me the story is not fully known at this time.

either way, it was a criminal act, and shouldnt be praised.

13. titaniumCloset

He should have had OC spray and sprayed it directly in the faces of the Westboro Baptist Church people. THAT would have been a commendable act, however he sprayed innocents, police and it sounds like a child, which are all bad.

Rest In Peace to the fallen United States Marine.

14. Danielle

Danielle Guest

No person deserves to have crime committed against them, no matter how bigoted they are.

15. Enaithor

If this was on facebook, I would "like" it

16. ArcaneVerse

Clearly you missed the point, let me simplify it for you. Just because what he did could have been worse doesn't mean what he did was ok and should be overlooked.

I applied your moronic statement to Hitler's actions because its an extreme example, that everyone knows and can understand, that should have made it obvious that you didn't think your comments through.

I believe the only reason you don't think this is such a big deal is because it affects the WBC, If however it was them who did this towards the GLBT community or to the people at the funeral you would have been outraged. You want to pick and choose what hateful and bigoted actions\words are acceptable and what is not, I'm sorry but it doesn't work that way.

17. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

This. Just because someone is an asshole doesn't mean that you can be an asshole to them. The best way is to approach it with smiles and laughter. It will only piss them off more and expose how ridiculous they are to others (which seems to have already happened with the WBC).

No need to be so harsh.

18. NickT

Please tell me I'm not the only one here who has noticed this. If you're going to counter-protest, don't neglect a child in the process. That's just sick.

19. Echo02

Echo02 Guest

As long as the WBC people get attention in the media they will remain active. The only way to stop them is to actively supress them. The local anti abortion people in thie area show up at every parade with their signs of aborted fetuses. Halloween, Christmas whatever there they are. The people have resorted to hiring semi trucks and peple with trailers to block the areas they walk during the parade so they get No media coverage. They are there but No longer relevent due to their assault on inocent people attempting to have fun and relax. Let them fade away like all the other hate groups never let them know they offend or they will continue. Just a thought.

20. donnie5

thats why there being prosecuted in nebraska for bringing there children to protests when they KNOW things are going to happen which is clearly knowingly putting your children in harms way. there protesting the sarpy county courthouse soon because we charged them with felony criminal child negligence(!)(!)

---------- Post added 1st Sep 2010 at 05:22 AM ----------

and by the way i appreciate all the lovely hypotheticals people are putting out to defend these people. just one thought come live in omaha these people assault us almost monthly they have been to every highshcool in the city numerous times, several military funerals, EVERY gay pride, and numerous numerous other things that i cant even count its easy to qoute hypotheticals and politics when you never see them or hardly ever see them, but its crazy to not be mad when there constantly on your door step all the time because your the closest large city...