1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fox News Ignores Ken Mehlman’s Coming Out, Runs Zero Segments On Story

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://wonkroom.thinkprogress.org/2010/08/26/fox-mehlman/

2. Shevanel

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think anyone's coming out should be a news story =/

3. Emberstone

okay... given fox news documented history of fabricating news stories to push their far right extremist agenda, should we be shocked they arent reporting actual news?

4. donnie5

no suprise here infact there never suprising

5. RedState

Fox News is the greatest news outlet there is.

My God, why does everyone jump on them? Jesus, the left control just about every media outlet there is and we have one pro-conservative network and everyone goes nuts.

It would be interesting to see the rankings of the networks on the coverage of how much Obama has screwed up.

I think it is awesome that Fox kills in the ratings.

I think it is awesome that News Corp. brings in record profits.

I think it is awesome that the New York Times is on the verge of bankruptcy and the Wall Street Journal is one of the most profitable news publications in the country.

Sweet.

#5 RedState, Aug 29, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>Maybe it's just me, but I don't think anyone's coming out should be a news story =/

This.

Frankly, if he had come out while still in a position of power at the GOP, it would've been news. As it is, it's basically a story about "hey, he might have done something once, but not now". Which, frankly, isn't much of a story.

>>>My God, why does everyone jump on them? Jesus, the left control just about every media outlet there is and we have one pro-conservative network and everyone goes nuts.

Give the people what they want...unless it's something I don't want. :slight_smile:

Lex

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If this post was from anyone else, I'd assume it was a board troll. But knowing you, Bamaboy... i still wonder if it's being said solely to incite :slight_smile:

Bamaboy, you have to know that making such a post on this board is going to incite flaming and fighthing so I'm going to say now, to others... please don't feed the troll. Or if you must, debate the topic, don't insult the poster.

8. kettlkorn

Immigration is the new gay marriage

9. RedState

Chip,

Lol, not meaning to flame or incite, but just stating a fact. Fox is a conservative network, no doubt...and the left goes nuts over them. Why? I don't know. Every other news outlet is losing money and viewers but them.

I am fully aware that I am a minority in a minority...meaning being a conservative and gay...but that doesn't mean I'm going to shut up about my beliefs just to appease the liberals on this board. And I mean that in a loving way :slight_smile:

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And more power to you, sir. :slight_smile:

And kettle - that's called 'baiting'. Knock it off.

Lex

11. RedState

Ahh, kettle didn't mean any harm...i took no offense...thought it was funny

12. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

The issue is that you have a tendency to derail threads that come even close to a political issue. That's why he said it.

No hard feelings.

13. RedState

No hard feelings taken, I simply disagree with you. If you want to call defending myself and responding to information I believe is wrong "derailing" then I suppose I am guilty.

I respond to things that are already written Swamp, but if you want to define that as "derailing" then, well...there you go. Sorry, just think you are wrong.

It seems that anyone that spouts a different opinion other than that of the far left on this board is deemed as "derailing" a thread. Just my view.

14. Shevanel

I'd like to second this.

To expand, I quite understand that the majority of LGBT are on the quite Liberal side, but this type of thing is similar to when homosexuals aren't tolerant of bisexuals. I just see the similarity. That's all. People just need to chill out when someone else is different from themselves.

#14 Shevanel, Aug 29, 2010
  15. Rikudo

Daaaaamn Bamaboy I'm gonna make this your theme. :thumbsup:
    [youtube]2WHe5fxS3dA[/youtube]

16. RedState

I almost spit my drink out! I love it lol!

Hey, that's just how we roll in Downtown Birmingham.

#16 RedState, Aug 29, 2010
  17. Eric

Fox is to the right as NBC is to the left, it's as simple as that. The ideas of the right seem radical to people on the left just like the ideas on the left seem radical to the people on the right. Frankly, if I had to choose, I'd watch a news network that doesn't offer opinions, round table discussions, etc. I would watch whatever network offers straight up reporting. Or even better, include opinion pieces from both sides of an argument. Could you imagine Glenn Beck and Keith Olbermann duking it out on live television? Instead we have people on both sides crying about the other side's bias, as we can see here. Fox was close, with Hannity and Colmes but Colmes wasn't interesting enough for the network, so they canned his ass. And CNN is fairly balanced but let's face it: No one gives a shit about Rick Sanchez, or his list for that matter. There was never any problem like this between the news giants in Canada. Although we only have 2 major networks.

Aaaanyway, I could understand if this just made the news ticker that people end up being hypnotized by, but not national headlines. Is this guy even politically active?

18. RedState

Kinda, sorta involved....I mean anyone who heads a Presidential campaign is never going to leave the game completely.

The thing is this: EVERYONE in Washington knew he was gay YEARS ago...even friends I knew in the Bush Administration talked about it, EVERYONE knew...so it's not like it was a big shock in DC or GOP circles...so I can't figure out what the big deal is.

19. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Not to start another debate, but I think that it should be a story just for the sole purpose of letting young kids know that they can be gay and have conservative views as well. Many people categorize gay with liberal, and its a fair statement, but you have to show people, and specially little kids, that there are gay conservatives out there; gay conservatives that were able to get far with their political careers and be successful.

20. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Not to start a fight, but what made me said that had nothing to do with your political views.