1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wife 'traumatised' after top Tory MP Crispin Blunt admits: 'I'm gay'

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...in-Blunt-admits-Im-gay.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And she can just get over herself.

3. Just Adam

Ok I've lost my compassion for her. All she cares about is how this looks on her and money! .... That's not what being married is about.
    The kids havnt said anything but I imagine especially for the 16 year old it's pretty tough peole around him may not be that supportive.
    But this guy really annoys me that the lib dem shambles being inspiration to be honest and his kids just Done exams that it's right time...
    Also it reads that he was apparently sad for the hurt he may of caused his family but he ain't really expressing it all he's said is he's happy and relieved.
    Oh and that bit about previously saying were not the same as hetro people... Denial... That prob hurt us in some vote along the way.

By the way typical this would be the sodding mail ... Traumatised, torn.... And the qoutes making out there loss of gay torts that the cabinet is now made up of gay people ( something I wouldn't have a problem with as sexuality doesent effect ability) but the negative connotation is just oh so rag tabloid.

4. Alex19

agreed. if she doesnt like it, then tell society to accept gays that way straight women and men wont have to go through all that. o well

5. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

Maybe I am missing something, but I would be pretty traumatized too if I found out my husband of twenty years had been lying about his sexuality the entire time. It is good that he decided to stop lying, however that doesn't change the fact that the twenty years of lies were incredibly selfish of him. Such behaviour should not be expected to be readily excused. There are plenty of gays who have enough moral character to not deceive and marry a woman for twenty years just because society won't accept homosexuality.

#5 Kevin42, Aug 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2010
  6. Danielle

Danielle Guest

this!

7. Just Adam

but all shes saying in the article is ive sacrifice my career and given all my money and ive never taken a salary for all ive done for him....shes more fussed about her status and financial balance than losing her husband...in that article she didnt once mention the kids :frowning2:

though i stress to mention..this is the daily mail so take it all with a tonne of salt :slight_smile:

8. Emberstone

still. it seems that she devoted herself to her husband, only to find out that really, he was useing her as cover. I actually side with her on this. she devoted herself to a man who was useing her to live a lie. a man who she gave up alot of her own hopes and dreams, and fought so his could come true.

I can understand her being truamatised by finding out her marriage to this man was a sham perpetrated on her by him without her knowledge. If you pay attention, it is not that he is gay, it is that he used her, manipulated her, and she never was any the wiser that he was living a lie, and roping her along for the ride.

Also... I dont have much love or pity for a politician who spends a career blasting and abusing and denying equality to lgbt people, then comes out towards the end of their career.

9. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I'd be traumatized as well after 20 years of marriage.

10. confused102188

I agree he was wrong in this

11. Emberstone

I mean it is good that he can now be open. but his history of homophobia is not something that should be wiped clean.

he hurt lgbt people for the run of his career, and he has hurt the woman he used as a cover for his closeted sexuality.

12. I know that she isn't the most sympathetic person on the face of the earth, but I feel for her. I really do. She's been with this man longer than I've even been alive. It's indescribable just how much pain this causes a family. By promoting homophobia, society is forcing these people in the closet. By doing that, they're making this happen every day.

Ironic, isn't it? By claiming to be "protecting" families and using it as a justification for their repugnant hatred of the LGBT community, they're actually contributing to the downfall of the American family. Nice job, scumbags!