1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fidel Castro on persecution against gays in Cuba: "If someone is responsible, it's me

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://blabbeando.blogspot.com/2010/08/fidel-castro-on-persecution-against.html

2. Mysterons

Mysterons Guest

Re: Fidel Castro on persecution against gays in Cuba: "If someone is responsible, it'

I don't agree with the journalist when she says that it was the persecution towards homosexuals what caused condemnation of the regime. Truth be told, no one (neither defenders of Castro nor their capitalist rivals) gave this issue much importance except for LGTB activists until recently. Pleading guilty now is like Henry Kissinger saying he regrets his foreign policies, but at least I think it's a good think the topic gets addressed.

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Fidel Castro on persecution against gays in Cuba: "If someone is responsible, it'

Wow though...I am impressed Castro took blame. I mean for a man like him to do so...just wow.

4. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people

This made me smile.

5. Danielle

Danielle Guest

Castro wasn't that bad, he wanted to work with the US and the IMF but they refused to work with him.