1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top Dem: Obama Should Feel Uncomfortable That Conservatives Are Co-opting Gay Rights

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/01/obama-should-feel-uncomfo_n_701940.html

2. lostinthought9

Re: Top Dem: Obama Should Feel Uncomfortable That Conservatives Are Co-opting Gay Rig

Pfft...Obama never had my vote.

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Top Dem: Obama Should Feel Uncomfortable That Conservatives Are Co-opting Gay Rig

This actually amuses me. Though it makes sense, Obama is taking too effing long to give us the rights we deserve despite his promise and I think everyone's sick of it.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

"Uncomfortable" only in that he can no longer claim the Donkeys to be "the gay rights party"...which was more a catchphrase than reality anyway.

Lex

5. Charme

Charme Guest

I feel like if both parties began supporting gay rights then nothing would get done (not that much is getting done through legislation anyway). Republicans and Democrats rarely support the same cause so if one party wanted a bill, it would fail to garner enough favor from the opposing party and ultimately fail because the opposing party won't want to support a bill favored by the proposing party.