1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conservative gay organization head agrees to debate WorldNetDaily editor

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://dailycaller.com/2010/09/04/c...n-head-agrees-to-debate-worldnetdaily-editor/

2. Emberstone

WND is not a news outlet. It is nothing more than a partisan conspiracy theory website. It exists as the more extreme form of fox news, which also has a well documented history of fabricating news stories out of thin air to push a agenda.

I dont expect the debate will be much. it is wnd's convention, which means it will be filled with birthers, mosquers, birchers, Jim Crow masterbaters, white supremecists, anti-womans righters, holocaust deniers, anti-govermenters, homophobes, and coorporate facists, who make up the bulk of WND readers.

The gay conservative group will not make any progress here, because the crowd is stacked against them with people for whom fact, reality, morality, and sanity need not apply.

it is like a jewish black homosexual with a college degree going to a aryan nation meeting.

3. Allecto

QFT. I really don't understand gay conservatives at all.

4. peaceandlies

I agree. I don't see the point in supporting people who seem desperate to take away your rights.

Whether left actually care about us is a different matter, but for me, its about rights, not the motives behind them

5. Emberstone

I dont blame gay conservatives for trying, but WND is so far to the right they poop nazi paraphanellia. They will not be given a fair chance at this debate. Given WND's history, facts will not be considered relevant in regards to what farah will put forward as his positions.

You have to remeber these are the people who think lincoln was lock step in line with modern republican policies, when history shows that lincoln was a leader who believed in a strong federal goverment, doubted state sucessionist rights, and fought for civil rights, which historically, the modern republican movement is agianst. Sure, he did not give the freed slaves full rights, but he laid the groundwork for people like those who marched on birmingham to fight back against intolerence.

the civil rights act of 1964 sent shockwaves through the political establishment. the majority of democrats were for it, and those who were against it switched over to the republican party. those few republicans at the time that truly were for civil liberties and freedom, switched over to the democrats, and never looked back.

however, people like the bloggers at WND like to claim that one, lincoln would agree with them *history show he didn't*, two, that reagan never raised taxes *history shows he did*, and that they were the ones who led the civil rights *history makes it clear the republican party was the block, not the advocates.*

the tea party right wing fringe has splintered the party. GOProud and the Log Cabin's need to focus on the moderates and independents, for they are the only ones who in the end matter. Independents hold the key to america's future. why do you think the republicans lost so horribly in the last 4 years? because they went so partisian, and campaigned on fear and hatred, that the independents went to the democrats.

gay conservatives gain nothing by pandering to the conspiracy based far right wing lunatic fringe.

6. Danielle

Danielle Guest

There are gay conservatives because LBGT rights is not the only political issue out there and certainly not the most important. There are plenty LBGT people out there who are right of centre economically and are right of centre on issues like abortion.

I am not a conservative but I am not a liberal either.

7. Charme

Charme Guest

That's like saying that gays identify as liberals only because of LGBT rights. Some are liberal because they agree with other liberals on other issues. Just wanted to clarify that.