1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pope Condemns Gay Marriage, Warns on Biotechnology Before Trip to U.K.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-...rns-on-biotechnology-before-trip-to-u-k-.html

2. frostreaver

:sleep:

I'm waiting for the next article that says the same thing.

:sleep:

3. Charme

Charme Guest

I'm sorry who's differentiating what from what? You're telling scientists not differentiate lives when you yourself are doing it? Whatever.

4. Danielle

Danielle Guest

He is the Pope.

What else would you expect him to say.

5. santitos2001

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am soo happy I don't buy into organized religion no more. I attended catholic school most of my life, sadly it was the biggest waste of time ever. For people that pride themselves of being Christ-like, love one another, kind of people. they are the most judgemental and the first to point out a flaw while ignoring their own.

6. matt3208pc

Unfortunately for the Catholic Church it's going to see itself become irrelevant in the next few generations. I think it's disappointing that an organization that has such potential to promote good values and morals chooses the path of hatred and discrimination. I went to both a Catholic primary and secondary school, and perhaps the worst hour of class of my life was when our religious education teacher persisted on teaching us that "it's not that gay people aren't normal, they're just not natural".

7. RaRa

And this guy's important because...?

8. partietraumatic

I can't wait for the Pope's visit on thursday. He's gonna realise how unpopular he is here, if he doesn't already.

I just read they have not sold enough tickets for his talks, so they're bussing in school children. I also hope the 'protest the pope' marches get a good deal of publicity.

JPII was a good pope, he wasn't so blinded by the minutiae of catholic doctrine that he couldn't see what was necessary in the modern world.

This guy, however, is a fool, and will drive Catholicism to irrelevance with his conservative views which are completely out of touch with the modern world.

9. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Who's to say what's "natural"? A lot of Catholics (I grew up Catholic) acknowledge that we aren't gay by choice, but we "must resist temptation". So how are we any less "natural" than guys who were born liking pussy? Nobody's calling straight people "un-natural".

10. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

I'm glad that I'm going to be stuck in college rigging for the graduation ceremony! Means I can't go to these possible protests >_>. On a lighter note the guest speaker for the night is Ruby Wax. Means I get to see her instead. xD More important in my eyes. Gonna have to see if I can get a photo :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. British Lad

British Lad Guest

Pope, is that some special title? Catholics are now becoming a joke, Pope just turn around and go home nobody wants you here anymore.

12. partietraumatic

It's the title for head of the catholic church, and leader of the Vatican. When a cardinal is chosen he forsakes he original name and takes the title of Pope+ a traditional name. Thus Cardinal Ratzinger becomes Pope Benedict XVI.

13. Just Adam

lgbt are as natural as it gets...

being gay is far more natural than being catholic...lgbt people were around a long time before and im glad to say will be around a long time after too.

it does sicken me though we allow him in this country when all he ever says is such hateful things... never peace in our time or hope for the future...

i watched a documentary on jp2 when he came here and he said about how we rebuilt from the ashes with hope... it was pretty inspiring words...i hear nothing like that from this guy just how we are inferior and polluting the race ...

wow sounds so familiar doesent it....natural law and whos all superior and were wrong so must not be allowed to exist and should be excluded....

youd think people would learn this isnt how to be :frowning2:

14. kettlkorn

LOL I thought this said "Pope condoms gay marriage" and I thought, WTF?

But this makes more sense.

15. Emberstone

when jesus said to turn the other cheek... he didnt mean to look away from and ignore the corruption running rampent through your church.

He has no credibility to condemn anything until he cleans up the mess of his hierachy, and the horrors they are enacting upon the world.

Gay marriage is not a threat... but telling people condom causes AIDS is a threat to society.

That is why I do not belong to a church with a kingship. the pope is nothing more than the king of catholicsem... a monarchy created by men in the same way all monarches are... with the claim of divine authority.

16. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

During my Freshman year of high school me and this kid got kicked out of our religion class (catholic school) for calling the pope a Nazi. Apparently he was "forced into being affiliated" with Nazis or something idk. Thing is, it's no one's place to judge. I also laugh at him or anyone else saying gay marriage would ruin the sanctity of marriage all together. I'm sorry, but when the divorce rate is 50%, it isn't the gays ruining the sanctity of marriage.

17. Shevanel

Hmmm. Yeah, it's called Hitler's Youth. You either comply or die. =/ I guess we can blame him for wanting to live.

18. Ben

Ben

Benedict was in the Hitler Youth. But this was only because it was required by law. Benedict's father was a rampant opposer of the Nazis and there's really no evidence to suggest that the Pope was ever in any way a supporter of the Nazis.

Anyway, I'm not keen on the current Pope, but I understand that hostility is never going to build bridges between secular society and the Catholic Church. Interfaith dialogue and ecumenism is wildly important in tackling the fundamental ideas in religions which aren't compatible with the modern day.

19. British Lad

British Lad Guest

I know that, I am saying the the title pope to me as no meaning to me, so I could not care less what he says, If he sayed move, I say no, make me.

20. partietraumatic

ahh okay, sorry, misunderstanding!