1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay cadet who quit West Point walks with Lady Gaga at MTV Video Music Awards

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100913/NEWS/100919918

2. Danielle

Danielle Guest

It is very nice to hear but I don't really see how it qualifies as news.

3. Charme

Charme Guest

What needs to happen for an event to qualify as news?

4. Danielle

Danielle Guest

I think for a thread to be considered news it needs to directly relate to gay issues, gay rights or gay equality and I don't think that this thread qualifies as any of them. Still very nice to hear though.

5. santitos2001

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am not a lady gaga or any other singer, or performer fan. I like some music but I don't buy on inflated egos like madonna and other people. But Lady Gaga has been extremely outspoken about gay rights and I admire that in her. Kudos to all the LGBT people in the military :slight_smile:

6. booby

how can anyone not love lady gaga ? that woman is divine !

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think Gaga really has an inflated ego. I mean I've NEVER heard her ever say she thinks she's all that or even act it. Madonna? Britney? Sure. But Gaga? Definitely not. She's famous, but she's humble about it. Least from what I've seen.

And as for this being posted...no offense to you Dan...but it seems all you do is post news stories but um half the time some of them are never really news worthy. Like double posting the story about the cyber attack on Chris Armstrong by that Assistant Attorney General...

8. Beachboi92

idk how any of you could ask Dan to stop posting any sort of news thing xD
    he is like the way i keep up with LGBT issues haha and all of the stories he posts i find relevant to LGBT issues. Really news is anything as long as it is relevant to public interest imo and i've never seen a post by Dan not relevant to my interests xD
    I personally don't see how a major public figure bringing people affected by DADT to a majorly publicized event is not news.....