1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bullied Greensburg student takes his own life

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-greensburg-student-suicide-091310,0,1101685.story

2. peaceandlies

i was there a few years ago. but i never quite killed myself. its horrible

3. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Wow. What does anyone care who someone attracted to? Fucking immature little shits.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really know what to say....

5. British Lad

British Lad Guest

I never got to the point I was going to kill myself thank "god", I properly had it very easy. Those bastards are the ones that should have died, little SHITS

6. Just Adam

im so sad by this another beautiful young life lost because of these monsters.

7. concklin

Kids in middle school/early high school are vicious. And in a part of the country where people's attitudes are overall more ignorant than others, kids at that age are just so much worse. It's a shame he couldn't hold on a little bit longer; not only would the bullying ease up on him, he could have gotten the hell out of there - alive.

8. Elven

This is horrible, another innocent young life gone just because of these despicable people who think they can act like that to someone just to amuse and make themselves feel superior while they push them over the brink of suicide :frowning2:

9. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    more education is the answer?

10. TeddyJavier

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I feel no sympathy for people who choose to be selfish, weak and cowardly.
    I guess he wasn't thinking how damaged his mom would be after finding his dead body.

I hope his family finds the strength to get through this.

11. alan t

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    how can you say that? did you know him? do you know what he was feeling?

12. Rawrs92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i feel nothing for ppl that dont know what they're talking about and think they know exactly what its like to be in someone elses shoes... This guy could've suffered from depression... He could have had something mentally wrong w/ him, however most likely not... Saying you have no sympathy is a pathetic thing to say.. /rant

13. TeddyJavier

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It doesn't matter if I knew him, or if knew what he was going through, or if he was suffering from depression or anything else.

It was his choice to do this.
    No one forced him.
    He did the single most selfish thing a human being could do.
    People who committ suicide think of no one but themselves.
    And for that, I feel no sympathy.

14. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Wow, you obviously don't know anyone who has commit suicide, or else you'd think before you put out your lame attempt at being someone who's all "they got what they deserved". You think someone is weak for committing suicide? Tell that to the kid's parents. You don't know why everyone commits suicide. You may think in this particular incident the kid was weak, but you don't know everyone's situation.

I don't think you can comprehend the pain people go through. When you wake up pissed off because you woke up. Otherwise, you'd give a shit.

15. Nomad187

Another young life that was barely started was cut short by ignorance

Really you should show a little fucking respect for the dead, and how dare you say he wasn't thinking about all these things. He probably saw no other way through it. I can only imagine what he went through and how it all could have been avoided if teachers did their job. People say it is weak and cowardly but not acknowledging the pain they are going through. He was in pain and the teachers wouldn't even do anything to help. My heart goues out to his friends and family who have to live through this life shattering ordeal.

16. s5m1

Wow! Don't you think you are being a bit judgmental, kind of like the homophobic bullies who tormented that poor kid because he was gay.

17. concklin

Hey now, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

So here's mine: I never thought I'd tell anyone this, but you should probably quit this forum. Many people who suffer from suicidal thoughts, and who have even attempted it, come to this website for help and advice. And while I do seriously believe everyone is entitled to their opinion, the harshness of your comments make you a danger to those seeking help on here.

The last thing a suicidal person needs is to be called "weak and cowardly" when seeking advice.

At the top of the page it says "Coming Out Resources & A Safe Place to chat". Keep it that way.

#17 concklin, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  18. x2x2x2x2y2

^Couldn't agree anymore.

And it's so sad that this happened. I hope that those ignorant kids learned from this. R.I.P.

19. donnie5

I hate so much how everytime something like this happens and principle claims ignorance then implements an anti bullying program after its TOO LATE. this needs to be world wide a school is a place for education not a battleground all the bullying should be stopped and if the principles would stop counting there money from the state for a minute and harshly punish some of these bullyers they might save someone like this young boy!

20. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    One thing that I find the hardest to understand is that some of the world's largest countries and world powers. Countries that are looked up to and seen as being at the forefront of human rights, justice and progression are still in such a stage where small things like who you love/are attracted to are allowed to cause hurt and torment like this.

I think these countries need to learn lessons from the smaller countries, those like Norway, Sweden, etc who have laws and culture in place to protect the 'GBLT' community and where through education homosexuality is no longer classed as such a big deal.

The students in this high school should be ashamed of themselves, as should their parents for not teaching them better.