1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Don't ask' repeal faces hurdles

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0910/42179.html

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    BLAH. I hate it when they put things into bills to assure its denial -_-

3. RedState

This is already going to stir a lot of debate in the Senate, which is why I can't figure out--from a logistical standpoint--why Sen. Reid is talking about attaching the DREAM Act to this legislation.

From a political standpoint it makes perfect sense: you attach a bunch of controversial stuff to a popular bill to paint your opponents in a corner and make them appear that they are against the original bill itself (in this case the military). Republicans did it as well when they were in control. I disagreed with the practice then too.

It would appear to me that if you really cared about the policy--and not the politics--iof an issue, you would lay out as clear of a path necessary for its passage. Should a bunch of additional non-relative nonsense be attached to this, then it would appear that DADT is not the real issue at all.

#3 RedState, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2010