1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay and lesbian Christians criticise plans to disrupt pope's visit

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/sep/01/lesbian-gay-christian-pope-visit

2. LostandFound

LostandFound Guest

I agree 100%. As someone who used to be a very homophobic Christian I can say that any sort of large in your face protests at best do nothing for our cause and at worst are counterproductive.

3. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

---- DON'T READ IF YOU ARE CATHOLIC/LOVE THE POPE ----

Meh, the Pope is a noob. He deserves it.

HEY! LET'S TELL AIDS STRICKEN REGIONS THAT USING A CONDOM IS A SIN!

Moron.

4. Shevanel

Catholic =/= Love the pope >_>

5. donnie5

the pope is stuck in the dark ages and always will be, why bother?

6. Danielle

Danielle Guest

This.

7. Elven

Ugh, I think he's in Glasgow at the moment, I hope he's behaving himself...

8. Étoile

Didn't he say don't read it if you're Catholic?

9. Shevanel

I didn't care about what he said underneath his "disclaimer". It was the assumption of being Catholic means Loving the pope.

10. Just Adam

i think people should protest he is a vile little man

11. Allecto

Yeah, this. Also, visibility can help remind heterosexual Christians that there are LGBTQ Christians and they don't want to be treated like second-class citizens in their own religion.

12. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Meh.

I honestly couldn't care any less that he's here.

I've got much more important things to be doing in life.

13. RedState

Billy Graham is my Pope :wink:

14. Emberstone

is he the one who claims he can leg press 1700 pounds?

honestly, the pope is from a isntitution that was distinctly anti-christian from the start. the bible doesnt talk about a papacy, and if I remeber correctly, no where in the new testiment does jesus tell peter that "on this rock, you will build my church".

the pope really has always been a power grab. they even refer to him as the King of Christ. it is a monarchy created so that the church could claim property, wealth, and dominion/authority over others... which is like the antithesis of what christ's message is.

It should be little surprise that the papacy has been a hot bed of corruption for the whole of its history...

15. RedState

Oh my God...you do have a sense of humor. I was thinking all my jokes were falling on deaf ears.

I don't normally talk trash about any religion...God knows us Baptists have our own problems. But, from a historical standpoint you do have somewhat of a point.

The history of the Catholic Church, and its influence on the world's leaders at the time is rather fascinating. The Great Schism is better than the episode of when we finally found out who shot J.R. on Dallas.

#15 RedState, Sep 16, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  16. Emberstone

damn you dream sequence.... we could have been free from the horror that is patrick duffy's face!!!

Baptist is like lutheren... we have a wide variety of view points and affilations... but the two tend to be congregation led, with affiliations to certain conventions.

With catholicisem, there are very few deviations from the papal heirarchy. those groups that deviate are either decimated with papal designations as heretical sects, or are so small, they do not get any attention in the end. Angelicinisem is likely one of the few big groups that seperated, but still have strong ties.

when a entire religious group is dominated by ultimately one man, that breeds corruption. Papal history is rife with assination, and political positioning. wealthy families bought off concalve, to ensure that their family members control the papal seat. he who sits on the papal throne has control of the entire church, its members, and its vast wealth. You cannot truly challange the pope, because the pope declares 'Papal Infallibility', and recuses him from all responciblity for his action. no wonder so many people were willing to murder and bribe to get into the top spot. once you were there, you were there till death, and no one could truly challange you, or hold you responcible.

This will always be a problem for the papacy, because to declare oneself infallible is to refuse to acknowledge corruption with it runs rampent.

no one catholics are turning from the holy roman seat in droves these days.