1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saudi Arabia: The Kingdom in the Closet

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2007/05/the-kingdom-in-the-closet/5774/

2. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    I never would have expected this. But it's still a deplorable country with institutional prejudice. Women are forbidden from driving cars, for example.

3. booby

OMG i love this .. the first article ive read here that doesnt ridicule the middle east .. i usually read that it has something to do with us (Arabs) and my guts churn .. i know it's gonna hurt reading it , but i always do >.<

but this is great .. they are so right about almost everything (almost , like the fact that im white is an asset here .. ehem) but some things are overrated .. smoking isnt haram .. my dad is religious and he smokes ALOT .. hell, all men smoke here .. drinking is haram yes , but the rule is 'anything that harms your body is haram' which is common sense .. why do you something that would harm your liver and might kill you ? or give you lung cancer ?

for me , Islam has been a great religion , simply by ignoring their opinions on homosexuality and saying that it's something that's 'between me and God'
    plus , it's good to believe that God is very merciful forgiving .. my fav. part in religion class was when the teacher described heaven to us (all from the Quraan , of course) rivers of honey , castles of gold , eternal happiness , were their is no worrying , no grief .. it's nice to know that depriving yourself of some things in this world will benefit you so much lol

it actually pisses me off when guys here think that being a top is still straight but being a bottom is gay .. if you like screwing men and women it makes you bisexual .. and like he said it's harder to find bottom boys because that's the 'shameful' role , the 'girl' XD

some things are exaggurated .. i have only seen a matwai3 (u know the law inforcers) twice .. and they didnt do anything .. i just nodded with them until they finished talking lmao .. they might tell u to cut ur hair or hide your jewlerry that's all

and btw , women not being able to drive is not Islamic in any way , and so is covering your face/entire body in black .. that's all traditions .. my mom is very religious and she does neither.

i think what makes me think of my sexuality as not a phase is the fact that ive always been feminine , since i was 4 years old , i saw videos of me when i was 3-9 and i remembered how gay i used to be .. i have always been and always will be gay :grin:

im leaving Palestine to go back to Riyadh in a week , and this time ill try to find my 'gay heaven' :grin:

#3 booby, Sep 20, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  4. Miss Bubbles

Well ain't that something you learn by paying attention?lol

5. peaceandlies

wow. i would have thought that