1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Majority support for gay marriage appears to stick

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://opinion.latimes.com/opinionla/2010/09/majority-support-for-gay-marriage-appears-to-stick.html

2. Majority opinion still doesn't mean anything when it comes to civil rights, though. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It's nice to see that people are finally pulling their heads out of their asses. It's long, long overdue.

3. Leon481

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Unless congress and public opinion are fully, and without question in support, Obama probably won't do anything at least until the end of his second term. He has to proceed carefully. If he doesn't, it could sabotage other work he has going.

As much as I want gay marriage to be a nationally recognized right, if it means it may interfere with plans to stabilize this country a bit, I think it can wait a while longer.

4. Emberstone

judicial precedence is not very easy to repeal. it really is a matter that taking the judicial route is the safest one. once something is deemed consitutional, it is very hard to change that ruling.

5. Miss Bubbles

I agree because why hinder our nation just to make a group of people happy? I am all for gay marriage because I hope to some day marry but not at that cost.