1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Genderless' ID cards vetoed by Schwarzenegger

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://blogs.sacbee.com/capitolalertlatest/2010/09/genderless-id-cards-vetoed-by.html

2. Leon481

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm with him on this one. I understand the sentiment, but I.D. cards exist the way they are for a reason. Besides, there were other issues here than just gender listing.

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I concur. I believe in rights for transgendered people, I do. But right now let's work on actually getting the rights that are really on the burner: MARRIAGE.

4. Just Adam

i agree with arnie but or another reason this is good too .. an id card should have you address and al not having sexuality on it isnt helping its sside stepping the issue like something dirty which you must never speak of >.> instead just put the gender the person identifys as ...its not hard

arnie impresses me more and more hes really grown and broadened his understanding hes very good i think... i liked his talk on the cali economics... hes right to criticise the us recovery plan throwing money without reform...

its a crime he cant be president... after all he only needs 5 envelopes to make the tough choices.

5. Danielle

Danielle Guest

I get what you are saying but in California it is being taken care of through judical means.

ID cards of any type are wrong anyway.

6. Charme

Charme Guest

How so?

7. Danielle

Danielle Guest

I think a birth certificate is enough to provide identification.

I think an ID card leads down a slippery authoritarian slope.

8. Zach1992

A slippery slope? Really? What does it have to do with authority? It's to prove you are who you say you are.

9. Just Adam

haha i think where im from gives me a bit of background in id cards haha...stupid labour>.> how dare you waste that kind of money >.>

id cards for here anyway add nothing that a passport or driving license doesn't already contain...its just the same information over and over thats the main reason they are pointless...its just another document that can be forged and used illegally... we should spend the money on securing what we got...

not totally sure how it works in the us and what details you have on what things but i would think your drivers ..permit? are they called? :S ...that should have all your details on ...you dont need anything else...

in a time of money worry's i dont believe even talking about these unnecessary money wasting things should be on the table... but it seems to be and i back arnie on it :slight_smile:

10. Darkwing65

Identification Cards, lets look at what these are. They are ways an individual can prove they are who they claim. They need to be descriptive. If we are talking about trans gender issues, i think they should be aloud to put exactly that.