1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bullied for being gay, 13-year-old hangs himself

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.kget.com/mostpopular/sto...old-hangs-himself/w1Xo2oK_VkqGyNYb5wM9Pg.cspx

[QUOTEFriends and neighbors of Tehachapi 13-year-old who attempted suicide Sunday said the boy is openly gay and was taunted by bullies for years, at school and at a local park.

The bullying might have been what led him to try to take his own life, friends said. The boy hanged himself at his own home from a tree and has been on life support since Sunday, according to the Tehachapi Police Department.

He previously attended Jacobsen Middle School, but was put on independent study this year. Friends said he was still bullied outside of school for being gay and bisexual, but he didn't tell close friends how the bullying affected him.

Police said they are investigating whether the attempted suicide was linked to bullying.

District administrators said they have no reports of the teen being bullied at school, but they take bullying very seriously and address the issue multiple times throughout the school year.

But some parents said the school hasn't done enough to prevent bullying and they are concerned about their children's safety at school.

Jacobsen Middle School has provided grief counselors to students all week, but students said morale is low even for those who didn't know the teen well. [/QUOTE]

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    F**k not another one...crap why does this have to happen....

3. Just Adam

oh what is worng with this world why wont we learn :frowning2:

4. Leon481

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm glad at least he survived the attempt, although it sounds like he's in bad shape. Hopefully he'll pull through.

5. AlyssWonderland

:frowning2: Stories like these break my heart. I'm so lucky to have a more accepting school...

6. x2x2x2x2y2

I hope he get's help. It's sad to see how screwed up this world is.

7. Charme

Charme Guest

It's even more disheartening that as the civilized world overall is becoming more accepting and tolerant, the ones who don't accept us see it as a chance to show how much they hate us.

8. peaceandlies

i tried to kill myself over bullying a few years ago. i'm fine now, but this is horrible. and it makes me think, will political equality really change society's views?

9. Nixon

Did he make it off Life Support?

10. Fuck. I wish he could like, switch places with a terrorist or serial killer. This kind of thing shouldn't happen to good people, especially if they're so young. Goddammit, this world is a shithole.