1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ga. megachurch pastor pledges to fight accusations

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/ga-megachurch-pastor-pledges-633300.html

2. Emberstone

sounds like the same types of people who stuck with oral roberts after he claimed god would come and take him away from them if they didnt raise a certain ammount of money... he failed to get the money he demanded, and yet he still was around after the deadline he said god had set. his brainwashed flock stuck by him too.

fundementalist zealotry based christianity is so screwed up and morally bankrupt.

3. Shevanel

The same thing can be said for any religion, for any idea, any belief, any extreme political group/stance.

4. djt820

Megachurch? Either sounds like a Megadeth/Metal Church cover band or the boss at the end of a WRPG

5. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Yes. That is clear. But in this thread we are addressing crazy Christians, not moronic Muslims or half-witted Hindus or even clueless Conspiracy Theorists. So I don't think clarification was required.

Anyways, I think it is interesting to note that when news comes in that a major religious leader who hates gays is revealed to be slightly more cock-loving than previously let on, I am no longer surprised. The details of this seem to be rather sketchy and it appears that it was sexual coercion. I truly hope that these young men will find some peace in the justice that will be served.

Please continue to post more details as the stories arise, Dan82. I really like the amount of effort you put into keeping us all up to date on the latest happi-haps in the LGBT world.

6. LostandFound

LostandFound Guest

Innocent until proven guilty?

7. Shevanel

That's what I said in the last thread about this. But hey, those without sin cast their stones, ya know?

8. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Even if he didn't do this stuff I still find him to be a major douche for leading an anti-gay march down Atlanta streets to MLK's grave site.

9. Shevanel

The feeling is mutual =]

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, he's already been found guilty in many people's eyes. Partially because they hope he is, and partially because we've seen this kabuki before, and kabuki isn't known for its surprise endings.

That said, I think there are two likely ending scenarios. One involves an extremely hefty cash sum paid out to "put all this ugliness behind me", and the other involves an admission of "past improprieties", perhaps a tearful apology emphasizing the "temptations of sin", a crash course in "HomoNomo", and picking up where he left off. With an uptick in tax-exempt donations.

Lex

11. This guy's just gonna deny it until the end. He's so batshit-insane that he'll never get better. If you pretend to be Beavis long enough, you become Beavis. Same thing for this guy. If you pretend to think that queers are evil long enough, you end up believing the bullshit.

:rolle: Next hypocrite, please!