1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GOP candidate seeks LGBT help in ousting Pelosi

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.washingtonblade.com/2010/09/28/gop-candidate-seeks-lgbt-help-in-ousting-pelosi/

2. RaRa

I don't see a Republican representing the 8th Congressional district.....ever.

3. Emberstone

I agree, the 8th district is staunchly liberal when it comes to federal senete and house positions.

4. No One

I agree, I dont see that happening. That and why would we support putting someone into an important political position if he is going support a party that pushes for further discimination.

Yes it made sense then, but it doesn't now. Back then the government as a whole was the problem, now its mostly the Republican and their offshoots (The Tea Party, etc.)

5. Emberstone

goldwater has a consistant support of legalized abortion rights, and a disdain for religious groups encroaching and interfering upon politics and indevidual rights. he also supported gay rights: “It’s time America realized that there is no gay exemption in the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness in the Declaration of Independence.” and "You don't need to be straight to fight and die for your country. You just need to shoot straight."